Join now - be part of our community!

XR 65X92J 'Auto Shut-Off if No-Signal is detected' functionality in EU model..?

profile.country.GB.title
Maurice1234
New

XR 65X92J 'Auto Shut-Off if No-Signal is detected' functionality in EU model..?

I just bought a new Bravia TV, the XR 65X92J. I'll predominantly use it as a monitor for my XboX or my computer. However, when either one of them goes into standby mode (after I fall asleep or something :slight_smile: ), the TV gives me a big 'No-Signal detected' message that's still there when I wakeup the next morning.

The US models have a 'Auto Shut-off if no signal is detected' (see pics), but the EU models don't seem to have it.

Sony is so concerned with Eco this, Power Saving that, so this functionality seems like a no-brainer to me. Am I missing something..?

Is this something that could be turned on, or fixed through firmware..?

No-Signal.png

TurnOffIfNoSignal.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hi, you can access this feature by following this link here: http://bit.do/fVdcb. If you still can't find that option, kindly check if your TV is running on the latest software version, if it's not there, kindly perform a factory reset on your TV and try again. I hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
Maurice1234
New

Hi Elodin,

Thanks a lot for your reply, but the link you've provided is directing to a feature that is not quite the same as the Auto Shut-Off if No Signal is detected functionality. It's a kind of workaround. It tells the TV to shut down after f.i. 15 or 30 minutes, regardless if I'm browsing the internet, watching a movie via the computer or play a game.

But say if I fall a sleep (which I can't time exactly), inactivity on those devices will put them on standby, at which point there is no signal. IMHO the most logical thing to do when there is no longer a signal is to shut-off the TV. I have another (old) Sony TV that does just that.

Apparently, in de US market they agree (see pic in OP), and therefor enabled that functionality in the software.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Maurice1234, the option isn't supported in the UK models. You can only set the timer as Elodin said. 

If you want to pass your feedback about that, you can contact Sony or leave a review.