Join now - be part of our community!

Wrong title on HDD timer recordings

profile.country.en_GB.title
geturne14
Explorer

Wrong title on HDD timer recordings

I'm using the HDD timer record from Freeview via the EPG on my KDL-24EX320. Although the correct program is recorded, the list of titles usually shows the previous programme name - somewhat confusing!

My theory is that setting the timer via EPG picks up the channel and time from the EPG, but sets a slightly earlier start time (to allow the HDD to be powered up from standby), then the recording picks up the title from the programme currently being broadcast - the previous programme.

Can anyone confirm this?

Software version PKG3.212EUA-10104 (current, I think).

Tags (2)
23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
rogerpbill

Hi Marykin, like you I doubt the make and model of HDD is that critical provided it meets the minimum criteria which I see Sony updated on 29th December 2020: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00148248 If it were critical I'd expect Sony would specify limits on read/write speeds, etc. USB disc drives are designed and manufactured to standards that are supported and are compatible with many, many computers, operating systems software and other equipment such as TVs, cars, phones, music equipment, etc.

The more customers who complain to Sony the more likely it is that they might fix the problems. Posting reviews on supplier websites describing the HDD recording problems may also motivate Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve posted a review on Richer Sounds already. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
rogerpbill

I've just submitted reviews for both our 43" and 49" Sony TVs to the Richer Sounds' website but as we didn't buy ours from them I guess they may not publish our reviews. Unfortunately the small, local Sony dealer where we bought our TVs don't have any option for posting product reviews on their website.

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

Reevoo? Sony on Trustpilot? I’ve also emailed Techpenny.

Sent from my iPhone