Join now - be part of our community!

Wrong title on HDD timer recordings

profile.country.en_GB.title
geturne14
Explorer

Wrong title on HDD timer recordings

I'm using the HDD timer record from Freeview via the EPG on my KDL-24EX320. Although the correct program is recorded, the list of titles usually shows the previous programme name - somewhat confusing!

My theory is that setting the timer via EPG picks up the channel and time from the EPG, but sets a slightly earlier start time (to allow the HDD to be powered up from standby), then the recording picks up the title from the programme currently being broadcast - the previous programme.

Can anyone confirm this?

Software version PKG3.212EUA-10104 (current, I think).

Tags (2)
23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.de_DE.title
alexander.bunk
Visitor

I find it annoying too.

- wrong file titles with recordings

- start or stop time not editable

I have a satellite receiver which is also programmable via EPG and there i can edit start an stop time or can adjust the time the recording starts before the show begins and the time the recording is still done after the show.

And there, the correct title is taken form EPG. So there is a way that this CAN work !

ka-flau
Visitor

I too find this a huge problem and not the slick interfaces and function that I expect from Sony on my NX723

Settings timers take way too many button presses, why can't it usterlise the colour buttons as shortcuts?!?

eg: Yellow: Reminder Timer, Green: Record Timer, Yellow: Cancel Timer

edeasto98
New

I also now have a long list of recorded programmes with incorrect naming - this is a total waste of time given that you are able to record onto HDD. Noone out there wants to have to open every file on the list to find out what it really is and now I just want an alternative that works. I decided to go for this TV as I thought it would wow me - but these simple errors (that then don't get fixed) are game changers and I will not go this route again. Come on Sony - let's make this happen and give me confidence in you again

profile.country.GB.title
kay4sony
Explorer

Now in the year 2017 and I still have the same problem. If I set timer recording through Guide, it starts and end 5 minutes earlier, missing the conclusion of the programe. it does not reach the advert end. my USD HD has plentty of memory and I can record the next programme with the same result.  I called sony and was told to do it manually, which is a great inconvenience. He also told me, otherwise, reset for factory setting. Glad I didn't go down that path. He does not seem to be aware of the existing problem by so many of us.  very disappointing! I put a new thread

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/timer-recording-stops-before-the-programme-ends/td-p/22841...

Hope somebody can find the fix:smileyrolleyes:

profile.country.GB.title
rogerpbill

Now it's nearly 2021 and the same problem exists on both our KD43XH8505 and KD-49XH9505 bought since September. We also have a few other problems with HDD recordings which I've described in https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/various-hdd-recording-problems/m-p/3747868#M50258

profile.country.GB.title
pcpeteuk
Explorer

If that is all your problems then you are doing well.

I purchased the 43 inch 7050 TV just before Christmas 2020 have yet to be able to get the HHD drive to be recognised.

I have tried everything , but the TV will not see it.   My PC sees it with out a problem, but I was informed that the TV will re format it , but that has not happened.

No answer from Sony Support either.

profile.country.GB.title
rogerpbill

Sorry to hear about your problems. I didn't have any problems registering any of the three discs I tried so I've no idea whether any of these suggestions will help but for what they're worth and if you haven't tried them:

1. Check the drive is plugged into the blue USB socket.
  2. Try formatting the disc on your PC to NTFS or exFAT
  3. Unplug everything, restart the TV by holding the green power button for five seconds then reconnect just the aerial and disc and finally try registering the disc. As you've been informed, the registering process does reformat the disc partly so HD recordings are encrypted so they can only be viewed on the particular TV.
  4. Check if your disc needs more power than can be provided by the USB port and would therefore need a separate power supply.
  5. None of the discs I've tried are listed as suitable by Sony so clearly other discs will work, but I guess smaller or larger capacity discs outside the limits specified by Sony might cause problems.
  6. A factory data reset might help, but it's a bit of a faff to try.

I couldn't find a 43" 7050 Sony TV listed, is yours a 7052 perhaps? Do you see any error messages?

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

On our TV there are two USB slots close together. On one occasion my OH put the HDD into the wrong one of these and it was not recognised. It is not easy to see which is the blue one when it is at the back of the TV but it's the only socket that works.

profile.country.GB.title
pcpeteuk
Explorer

Thanks for the information. I have the 7053 version of TV.

Have tried all formats of the drive and all of the USB ports but none
seem to recognise the drive so cannot register it if it's not there.

Maybe a update would help but it says I have the latest software, I
have also noticed that other things are not working as they did on my
old TV ( a Panasonic)

I have a BT box and this does some weird things since this Sony
arrived.

I will have another try and note what happens.

Peter

PCPETE

01730 269569 Website:
www.pcpeteuk.com

Check your SPAM folder!

If you wish to stop them being put into the SPAM folder, you need to
add the email address to your Contacts, the system will then accept it
as a proper safe address and will always leave it in the inbox
profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

Hi Peter
I started another thread asking if anyone has actually managed to record successfully to USB HDD. I also contacted the supplier of our TV who advised me that the make and model of HDD is critical - this is an issue for all makes of TV apparently and is concerned with speed of transfer via USB. I was assured that with the right HDD it should be a flawless process. Even if it were to be so (which I doubt) the other limitations like no time line on the recording when watching, no use of catch up TV whilst recording etc has led us to decide to give up.
Good luck with yours!

Sent from my iPhone