Join now - be part of our community!

Vivid mode

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
donbradbury
Explorer

Vivid mode

Bravia KDL-32CX523 I find Vivid mode necessary to put some sparkle into the display, especially during the first 15 minutes after switch-on, but I gather it can shorten the life of the display. Is that true or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
donbradbury
Explorer

Again, to partially answer my own query, I came across comment on the Internet that, for this model at least, the first port of call in the menus can be 'Light Sensor'. Switch it to 'off' to get the screen brightness decent, and then make any minor tweaks that are necessary to get the colour balance right. In this I have reset the colour temp to warm and that produces a very nice picture quality. Forget Vivid mode.

Picture Mode:  Standard

Scene Select: General

Live Colour: Medium

Advanced Options: Black Convertor to medium

Advanced Contrast Enhancer: Medium

These, among several other minor resets I've made, may not be optimum but they can produce a far better display than Sony's 'out-of-the-box.

Still optimising, but happy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
donbradbury
Explorer

Again, to partially answer my own query, I came across comment on the Internet that, for this model at least, the first port of call in the menus can be 'Light Sensor'. Switch it to 'off' to get the screen brightness decent, and then make any minor tweaks that are necessary to get the colour balance right. In this I have reset the colour temp to warm and that produces a very nice picture quality. Forget Vivid mode.

Picture Mode:  Standard

Scene Select: General

Live Colour: Medium

Advanced Options: Black Convertor to medium

Advanced Contrast Enhancer: Medium

These, among several other minor resets I've made, may not be optimum but they can produce a far better display than Sony's 'out-of-the-box.

Still optimising, but happy.

profile.country.GB.title
Davidkilbride
Explorer

Why does my Sony Bravia pled keep reverting to standard after to selecting vivid