Join now - be part of our community!

SONY TV not detecting flash drives and external strogae drives

profile.country.GB.title
Tunde.01
New

SONY TV not detecting flash drives and external strogae drives

I have a Sony KD-43XE7073. The problem i am having with is that it is does not detect flash drives with volumes greater than 4gb. Also it does not detect external hard disk storage as well. How can I fix these issues on my sony TV? I have tried formating the flash drives to fat32, exfat, etc. None of those formats worked.

I also upgraded the firmware to the current version. Still the flash drive is not detected.

Moreover, when I upgraded the flash drives, all the app went away except Netflix. How can I bring back all my apps...? Remember the sony model is not an android TV. It is Java tv.

Tunde 

edited[personal details removed]

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

If a Disk or USB is formatted as FAT32 then the file size is restricted to 4GBs.

Your Sony TV does not read exFAT formatted drives.

I have a KD43XF7073 which is the 2018 model and I format my USB sticks and external drives as NTFS,

no restriction on file size.

Here are the specifications for your KD43XE7073,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kd-43xe7073/specifications

Go to Connectivity> USB Drive Support, you will see it supports FAT16 2GBs maximum file size, FAT32 4GBs maximum file size or NTFS no file size restriction.

profile.country.GB.title
PGavin
New

Hello. I have a Sony Bravia tv and it will not read my USB drives. Some have played in the past. Formatted the disk to FAT32. Some files are 4gb and above.

I am not a techie so if anyone can solve this problem simply i would be very grateful. Even spoke to Sony directly on the text service but they could not help. Did a factory reset as well. any hep would be appreciated. Paul

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Tunde.01, what are you using the USBs for? What format are you using? For the apps try a factory reset. @ PGavin  what's the model number of your TV? Are you after recording? Or just watching pics and videos?