Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Headphones Cordless connected to Sky Glass Tv .Not Working Now.

profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

Sony Headphones Cordless connected to Sky Glass Tv .Not Working Now.

Hi had Sony Headphones Cordless connected to Sky Glass Tv with Sony surround headphone system, via https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extractor-Converter-Support-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B08XXJ5VT9 all been working fine, Extractor Converter red light on, till I unplugged hdmi cable from Sky Glass TV to exchange for New Sky Glass TV An HDMI cable between the eARC HDMI port (HDMI 2) on the Glass set and HDMI-ARC-in on the extractor unit, now no sound from headphones when I plugged in , An HDMI cable between the eARC HDMI port (HDMI 2) on the Glass set ,please advise, many thanks David.

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@elvisthepelvis1956 

I would like to see that tick move onto HDMI eARC.

It looks like you moved the selection on to it, in the first and second pictures, but haven’t clicked OK, or whatever you do, so that the display changes to describe that setting, and isn’t still on Internal Speakers.

And there is no decent Sky manual for this product I can download and look at. There’s one that describes in exquisite detail how to take the thing to pieces, right down to the last screw and washer. But how to use it, in any much more detail than switch it on and watch it? Nothing…. 😢

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@elvisthepelvis1956 

What have you got plugged into HDMI 1 on the TV?

profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

Two photos one showing external speakers on HDMI Arc ticked other back of Sky Glass TV inputs HDMI 1 Amazon Fire Stick 4K, HDMI 2 ( eArc ).IMG_0880.jpgIMG_0861.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@elvisthepelvis1956 

Excellent. Ticked is good. If you switch the TV to HDMI 1 and play something from the Firestick, does it all now work - video on the TV, audio sound on the headphones?

If not, and if the Firestick works OK on the TV when you select that input plus the internal speakers, then, going back to eARC but leaving that cable as is, one end in the TV and the other in HDMI Out on the headphones controller, plug the Firestick into HDMI 1 on the headphones controller, and switch the Sky Glass TV to HDMI 2.

With the controller switched on, you should see the video from the Firestick on the Sky Glass TV, and be able to start playing a movie (say) on the Firestick, with the Firestick remote, and be able to hear the audio from the movie playing on the Firestick, on the headphones. (If you can see the video on the TV, but you still hear nothing, then adjust the volume on the headphones, however this is done).

Does this happen? Can you see the video and hear the audio?

If not, what does happen?