Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Headphones Cordless connected to Sky Glass Tv .Not Working Now.

profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

Sony Headphones Cordless connected to Sky Glass Tv .Not Working Now.

Hi had Sony Headphones Cordless connected to Sky Glass Tv with Sony surround headphone system, via https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extractor-Converter-Support-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B08XXJ5VT9 all been working fine, Extractor Converter red light on, till I unplugged hdmi cable from Sky Glass TV to exchange for New Sky Glass TV An HDMI cable between the eARC HDMI port (HDMI 2) on the Glass set and HDMI-ARC-in on the extractor unit, now no sound from headphones when I plugged in , An HDMI cable between the eARC HDMI port (HDMI 2) on the Glass set ,please advise, many thanks David.

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@elvisthepelvis1956 

You’ve had at least three people telling you the solution, and you have even found it yourself, in your manual.

But you don’t seem to want to drop the converter right out of the chain, at least for the moment, as previously advised by @LightFoot @and @HannahEd01 ; and  there is no converter in the picture from your manual that you showed, just an HDMI cable from the (e)ARC HDMI In on the TV to the HDMI Out on the DP-HW700.

(Note: the single HDMI Out, marked ARC, not any of the three HDMI Ins.)

if the TV is OK, and the HDMI cable is OK, and the DP-HW700 is OK, and the MDRHW700DS Digital Surround 9.1 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones are OK, this should be all you need.

If the setup still doesn’t work, then assume that the Sky Glass TV is faulty, and try the above on the replacement Sky Glass TV when it arrives tomorrow.

If the setup does work, but you still have a hankering to put the converter back in the chain, can you please explain what this is supposed to achieve, so we can understand what it is for?

As far as I can see, while this unit might be good for going from digital HDMI to analogue audio and optical, the absolute best it can do is to put out on optical an audio signal no worse than the HDMI input it is receiving. And you simply don’t need this when you can plug straight into the ARC HDMI Out on the DP-HW700.

But maybe it has some other useful function?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

I connected HDMI cable to HDMI 2 ( e Arc ) port on Sky Glass TV to back of Sony  processor, did not work,photos of converter and  processor and advise given by someone on AV Forum, checked all cables plugged in correct,so still not sure what to do,help is needed.AUDIO EXTRACTOR .AMAZON..JPGback of Sony processor box.jpgIMG_0827.jpgIMG_0830.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@elvisthepelvis1956 

‘Back of Sony processor’ isn’t specific enough.

Did you plug the other end of the HDMI cable coming from the TV into the rightmost HDMI socket on the Sony processor, looking at it from the back, fourth along on the photo? 

That’s the only one it will work in.

profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

I plugged HDMI cable coming from the TV (eArc port ) to Arc out on processor HDMI,did not work ( close up photo of back of processor.Back of Processor.Back of Processor.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@elvisthepelvis1956 

I understand that you are unhappy with your replacement Sky Glass TV, and a further replacement is coming today. In which case, first try with that.

Something else you could try is plugging a DVD, BluRay player, or other HDMI device, into one of the other 3 HDMI ports on the back of the processor, and seeing if the video plays out to the TV through the HDMI Out when you select HDMI 2 on the TV, and the audio plays through the headphones.

If all is as it should be, this will work.

And, as a separate test, if you have another device with ARC on it, try plugging the cable from HDMI 2 on the Sky Glass into that, and see if you get audio from the TV that way, or just silence again.

Before this test though, ensure that CEC is turned on, on the Sky Glass TV, and if it allows, try both ARC and eARC, though we might hope that the TV will handle this automatically.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@elvisthepelvis1956, could you update us what happened? Did it work with the replacement TV?

profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

On New Sky Glass TV not working on either set with converter and processor of just with processor using HDMI cable

unsure what to do now ,advise would be very welcome,thanks.David.

profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

Not sure what this means - Before this test though, ensure that CEC is turned on, on the Sky Glass TV, 

Photos of Rear Of Sky Glass TV plus Settings.Audio on Sky Glass Tv.Back of Sky Glass TV .INPUTS..jpegConnected to HDMI PORT (eARC).Connected to HDMI PORT (eARC).2.SETTINGS.AUDIO.SKY GLASS TV..jpg1.SETTINGS.AUDIO.SKY GLASS TV..jpg

profile.country.GB.title
elvisthepelvis1956

Do not have anything else to connect Hdmi cable to to test..