Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV EPG "no event information" on freesat

SOLVED
Solway
Explorer

Hi guys

Been trying to contact Sony via their web email support. the page endlessly loops on trying to send, no matter on what broswer i use. 😕 so here i am...

anyway

I have a Sony bravia TV KDL-42W805A.

I have recently cancelled my Sky package. so have been using the builtin freeview (aerial) for TV, which is all working fine.

However, i have decided to remove the freeview aerial and use the built in freesat tuner with existing Sky dish.

I can get over 800 channels with freesat. and the signal quality/strength is at the max. no issues there.

The issue im having is:

the EPG does not populate with information. all i get is "no event information". it will only appear once i view a channel. but im not flickering through 800 channels just to get the information to load

Because this don't load, it make the EPG completely useless

What am i doing wrong?

PS. the TV is not connected to the internet (yet) but has latest firmware update i think.

180 REPLIES 180
profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

It has a full EPG on my 2015 android set on both Satellite and Freeview .

Simply go to a sat channel in general satellite press guide on remote press action menu highlight broadcast type and there are three selections "digital" is for freeview epg "general sat" is for now and next epg and the one we all want " set top box " brings up all channels full 7 day EPG!!

ENJOY. 

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

Sony have sold us all a blatantly non operational set of features on these sets. We should go for a class action and sue them blind!

Alternatively they could simply admit they have a problem and do us all the courtesy of fixing it!

gebearm

There is no FREESAT on my 2016 Bravia XD93 despite having two satellite inputs.Advised it is a German model but sold in the UK. IMO Sony are misleading consumers. If you want FREESAT or to browse the INTERNET avoid SONY. The rotten OPERA web browser is virtually impossible to operate. Does anyone know how to download Google Chrome onto the XD93.
gebearm

SONY COULD NOT CARE LESS>  THERE  IS NO SONY SUPPORT THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO MY COMPLAINT. I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A DIFFERENT BRAND.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gebearm

Google chrome can only be installed if you have a 2015 or 2016 Android based TV.

If you have this:

1. Load up the opera browser
  2. Type in this URL:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome
  3. Install
  4. You will also need to install TV Sideload Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.tv.sideloadlauncher

To run Chrome via the tv, just load up the side load launcher and then run Chrome.

Cheers

Baco88
Explorer

I had this message on Free view, also programme guide disappeared. I restored it by doing a factory  reset. This also also allows you to remove analogue channels so you no longer get a blank screen if you accidentally press analogue on the remote.

profile.country.IE.title
orwell84

In response to pajo100 kind update.

My experience is that the "Set Top Box" is not available when pressing the Action Menu on th eboarcast type.  I have only the Digital and General Sat. 

I can only assume you have a STB (set Top Box) connected or you have tuned using a different mechanism.  If you have found how to put the STB in the Action menu then it could be a solution but as yet I don;t see it.

Thx fo ryour efforts.

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

In reply to Skytime7's solution when I click on guide on the remote then press options there is no option to select launch guide and search.I have a internet connection the TV is a Sony KDL-42W653A.I am getting the no event message when I go into the guide section.

profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

In reply there is no STB connected but the option is there only if you have all digital satellite channels tuned in , perhaps you need a software update to see it?

I tried this on a friends Sony 2015 set in Ireland and all irish freeview channels gave a full EPG too

Sorry for late reply been away on hols for the summer.Oh the joys of retirement!!

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

Sony just dont care about their users all they want is profit and bugger the user.

Time for a class action, any one else interested?