Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 40R453C, menus keep popping up. resolution enhancer etc, how do I stop them?

profile.country.GB.title
KernowJac
Explorer

Sony Bravia 40R453C, menus keep popping up. resolution enhancer etc, how do I stop them?

CIMG2181.JPGCIMG2182.JPGCIMG2183.JPGCIMG2184.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @KernowJac,

to me that looks like you have set up the TV in the "Shop floor mode" which cycles through overlays which advertise the features of the TV.

Reset it or set it up again.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
KernowJac
Explorer

Hello Nic,

I reset it yesterday to get rid of this & the previous problem, demo mode. After previous advice I have turned demo mode off but I'm left with these 'features'. Do I need to reset it again?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @KernowJac,

if you still see the overlay from the third image in your initial post, demo or "shop floor" mode is still active.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
KernowJac
Explorer

The previous instructions told me to press and hold the CH/INPUT button on the back of the TV for 10 seconds which seemed to help, but after about 50 minutes these menus returned. It says demo mode 'off' at the bottom of the screen.

Looking at the instructions again, I can try pressing the home button on the remote and get to Initial Setup. The trouble is, when I press home, all I get is the menu already visible, flashing all the time, I can't get to any other options, I can see 'Setup' but the arrows on the remote don't let me move to this option. Also the light at the bottom, to tell me if the TV is on or off is continuously flashing.