Join now - be part of our community!

SONY 32 WE6 XX LCD HD TV

SONY 32 WE6 XX LCD HD TV

Hi 

I have just bought a Sony 32 WE6 XX Bravia HD Smart TV . 

I am unable to the get  Recording  system on the TV to work , when I press record  , it states Recording cannot be started . Connect the HDD device to USB port for Recording , what does this mean ?R

Regards 

Jonathan

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
peterbrawn
New

I don't know whether your TV is similar to mine that I bought just before Christmas. I have a KD-43XH8505 and I bought a 128Gb USB memory stick and inserted it into the USB REC slot at the back of my TV. I then pressed the bottom on my remote control that looks like a box with an arrow pointing into it and scrolled along to the pink box labelled "Recording Device" and I was asked If I would like to format the device plugged into the UHB port and I selected "Yes". The formatting didn't take long and now I can record any programme onto the USB stick from the same "Recording Device" button by pressing "Timer List/Timer Settings" then "Set Timer" then "Set timer from guide" . If you then scroll through the programme guide until you find what you want then press the "Enter" button on the remote, another menu pops up on the screen which is self-explanatory. I thought that I would need to buy a hard disk recording device to achieve this but the USB stick is much cheaper and provides me with a quarter of the recording capability of an HDD device at a mere fraction of the cost. 

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

You need to connect an external hard disk or SSD to the TV in order to make recordings.

Or as jonathanb123 has pointed out a USB stick.

More fun to buy yourself a PVR  (digital tuner with hard drive) with more than two tuners so you can record

more than one channel at a time while watching another.