Join now - be part of our community!

'Servers could not be found' error on KDL32W5500

profile.country.en_GB.title
r_s.rani
Visitor

'Servers could not be found' error on KDL32W5500

Hi all.

I've connected my router via ethernet cable to the TV, and the applicast has more icons. However in the network settings, server diagnostics, when I run a test, the result is 'Servers could not be found' I have called the ISP and they cannot help as its just the TV (laptop and mobile phone connect fine to the wifi).

I have never set up a network before and am totally new to this (is it a network? or dlna issue?). It would be great to be able to use the streaming functions since I have had the TV for a couple of months now!

PS I connected in exactly the same way a while back, and the test was ok (it did find the router) but I couldnt view my photos/ video or music (content). I have spent some time looking for some media players (free ones) such as PS3 media server and TVersity, and I already have windows media installed on my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
annettecooling
New

you need to tell it where to get the network from. go to settings > Network set up > Wired set-up and follow the instructions

profile.country.en_GB.title
r_s.rani
Visitor

HI annettecooling, thanks for your help.

Under settings, I only have Network, Server Display settings,Server Diagnostics, Renderer Function, Renderer Access Control, or Renderer Set up? None of these seem to have an option for Network Settings or Wired Setup:smileyconfused:

Rward1953
Explorer

The hyperlink is dead