Join now - be part of our community!

SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) says 'Not Available' on Sony Bravia KDL -55W805A

profile.country.GB.title
blacktoro5
New

SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) says 'Not Available' on Sony Bravia KDL -55W805A

SEN is Not Available so can not access Apps e.g. Netflix. 

I have done a factory reset of the TV.

TV software is up to date

I have restarted the router several times.

I can however access Youtube for example through the Applications menu. 

Its Netflix and other apps I had on SEN that I can not access.

37 REPLIES 37
Altri-Solar
Explorer

I’ve got the same message yesterday (Feb. 28, 21). Firmware update, Factory reset, router setup, network change to either wired, wi-fi, DNS change...Any results.

Time for Sony to tell us what happened to the server SEN supporting tv sets early 2013!

Altri-Solar
Explorer

Tried several different networks: wired, wireless, different DNS, diff. ISPs, no change!

xtrobel
New

Since three days the Sony Entertainment app is not accessible on my KDL-42W650A tv. Beforehand it has functioned normally. Please tell me is it a problem of my tv or (firmware?) or a system error? As I see I'm not alone with this trouble...

profile.country.GB.title
nicolabrowne1
Explorer

I am also getting this issue on Wednesday it wasn’t fine now saying not available can’t access any of my apps including Netflix everything is how it should be on the TV itself 

Can anybody help as it appears I am not the only person

Eldalena
New

I have the same problem, send email, done all the things i had to do, no- one replied and the problem still remains 

Eldalena
New

I have the same problem. What to do?

profile.country.FI.title
zzmjk5
Explorer

Me Too! I am in Finland. Is this regional or global problem? Is there any info site for SEN that they use to report problems? I have not found any information. I hope that this is a temporary problemm or have they decided to close down SEN at least for old TVs  (like Bravia KDL-55W805A).

profile.country.NO.title
smilo998
Explorer

Based in Denmark. Same thing. Not available since last night. 

profile.country.FI.title
krggb.
Explorer

Same problem here. I'm in Finland, model KDL-42W653A. Had the problem since Thu 25 February 2021, previously it was working fine. Missing in particular Yle Areena (the Finnish broadcasting company app).

profile.country.GB.title
blacktoro5
New

My SEN was available again for a short while but has gone again.

THERE IS HOWEVER AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION

For those of you that are still having issues and want to connect to say Netflix I suggest that you load the Netflix app on your mobile phone. Switch your tv on . Sign in into your Netflix account on your mobile . Then use the Cast option on the Netflix app from your mobile to connect to Sony Bravia. You will then have Netflix on your tv and will have full control of it using your tv remote control.