Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Volume KDL40NX803 linked to YouView 372T talktalk box.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Problems with Volume KDL40NX803 linked to YouView 372T talktalk box.

My old KDL40NX803 is still serving me well, not as smart as it was, but then neither am I!

Recently had to do a Re-Set on the YV Box to get ITV Hub working again, whist that was 95% successful, it has buggered up the link between the remotes and having re- paired them, several oddities had to be overcome however the volume equalisation is wildly out and  I've been pairing and repairing the YV Box's remote with the TV and getting nowhere.

Current situation is that with volume set at 75%, the output from the YV Box is at a reasonable level, but from the TV Direct it is Way Way too loud.

The only time I have managed to get something which is almost equal is when the volume is barely audible from each, but the volume level is in the 70's.

Can someone help me please? 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@theracles 

A reset YouView box may have reverted to Stereo rather than Surround, and whereas on Surround the volume goes to 100% and can’t be altered, on Stereo it responds to the volume control on the TalkTalk remote.

Either way, the solution is to ensure that the box is set to 100% volume; this will get it as close as possible to the TV direct sound,

Another thing you can do is to look on the TV for an audio setting to equalise volume between the TV and the things plugged into it; I don’t know where you would find that, but it should also help here.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

@royabrown2 Thanks for that, I've got the box set to stereo and followed the procedure to "link" the remote for the box to the TV, where YouView mention that the YV Box Volume should first be set to "high" so that it will still be audible after the linking procedure!

This process seems to be somewhat hit and miss!

One result had the volume up and down controls reversed, another had the source select turn the TV to Analogue, and yet another has the source button invoke the TV "Options" panel!

With those options sprinkled throughout my attempts to gain access to a remote who's buttons do what is expected, and also achieve an acceptable "equalisation" of volume between both sources, it had taken me the whole of yesterday afternoon and evening!

I have managed to "almost" get back to the state immediately prior to re-setting the box, when the volumes of both sources were equal. 

Now I have reached a point where they are only slightly at variance with each other, I have decided that further messing with the "volume offset" slider is not worth the possibility of them diverging further!!

Thanks for giving me the tip that the Box must be set to "Stereo", it has halved the myriad number of permutations at a stroke and I will remember it in future!

Thank you for helping.