Join now - be part of our community!

No Dolby Digital Output from Sony NX725

SOLVED
profile.country.de_DE.title
shahrob
Visitor

No Dolby Digital Output from Sony NX725

Hi,

I recently bought a KDL NX725 and connected it to my Audio System (Harman Kardon) with an optical cable. However, my Audio System does not recognize any Dolby Digital input, although the TV Channel is definitely sending a Dolby audio. I used the same Audio System and same Optical cable wit my previous Satelite-Receiver and the Dolby was working without any problem. I already tried to play with all sound settings of the TV with no result. The TV is connected to the Audio Speaker it came with by a HDMI cable. I've chosen Audio System as Speakers, Audio Out, HDMI and DVI Audio (both did not change anything). The only thing I cannot change and I'm assuming that could help me, is the menu "Digital Audio Out". It is set to PCM per default and is inactive. When I click on it, an info pops out saying "Not available when Audio Description is On". However, there is nowhere to find the "Audio Description", so I can turn it off. The Manual says olnly "Digital Audio Out, outputs audio signals from digital audio out (optical): Auto: if the equipment is compatible with Dolby Digital; set to PCM, if it's not compatible with Dolby Digital". Therefore I assume it's the menu I need, but I cannot access it.

PLEASE HEPL!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the following will turn audio description off, this was copied from a previous answer,

The setting is not found under Sound Settings but under Menu> Set-Up> Digital Set-Up> Audio Set-Up> ...

what you should also remember is that even with the tv set via optical output to your amp the majority of programs broadcast will be in two channel audio anyway, very few are dolby digital.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the following will turn audio description off, this was copied from a previous answer,

The setting is not found under Sound Settings but under Menu> Set-Up> Digital Set-Up> Audio Set-Up> ...

what you should also remember is that even with the tv set via optical output to your amp the majority of programs broadcast will be in two channel audio anyway, very few are dolby digital.

profile.country.de_DE.title
shahrob
Visitor

Thanks a lot, that totally worked. I know that most of the channels broadcast 2/0/0 audio, but some of them have 5,1 dolby support. However, I mostly wanted this to work during streaming of video files, which have 5,1 dolby sound. Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Binaya
New

Very helpful, thank you so much