Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W705B - Launch Guide and Search no longer working

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffPunnett
Explorer

KDL32W705B - Launch Guide and Search no longer working

Yesterday, 25/02/2021, TV Guide returns "Not Available". Can use just "Launch Guide" but then have "no information" against most of the TV channels. Anyone have any suggestions to put this right?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Have you restarted your TV by disconnecting it from power for some minutes?

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffPunnett
Explorer

Thank you Peter. I've tried disconnecting the TV, and all the devices connected to the TV, for an hour but without success. I have performed a Factory Reset and now cannot access any TV Guide.

profile.country.IE.title
Eugbug
Explorer

Yes, same problem here. It no longer appears as a device either for connecting to from the YouTube or YouTube music apps on mobile devices. Support suggests updating the firmware and doing a factory reset, but that's more hassle and there's the risk of the firmware update failing half way through,then nothing works. Also a factory reset would require extracting the channel setups to USB and then reuploading them to the TV. Maybe there's a simpler solution. Have Google changed the way these apps work?

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffPunnett
Explorer

Launch Guide and Search now works and the only thing I can remember trying was to disable "Software Update". Can't think why this seems to work; perhaps Sony Technical Support can provide an answer.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Eugbug, the software update shouldn't stop halfway. And you shouldn't extract the channels before the factory reset as the TV will re-tune within the setup which doesn't take long anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffPunnett
Explorer

Sorry but I don't understand your comment. I only switched off the automatic software update after the problem occurred.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I'm sorry, was talking to Eugbug.