Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-48W585B slightly curved frame

alexi6
Explorer

KDL-48W585B slightly curved frame

Hi

I just noticed that the upper edge of the frame of my KDL-48W585B is not straight, but slightly curved. It looks pretty uniform, so I guess it's by design. Has anyone else noticed this with the 5xx or 6xx models?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The worst thing is, I didnt know Sony had a W5 2014 model TV :anguished:

Anyhow, I have not heard of any reports on any models that have a slight curve (except the purposely built curved TV's that is). 

How bad is the curve?  Try having a look in the local shops and see if they have this curve too?  As if your not fully happy, now is the time to rectify it - and not 12 or so months down the line :slight_smile:

Cheers

alexi6
Explorer

Thanks for replying.

There's a very slight curve. Nothing like the one on the 4K Bravias. So far I only found one similar mention about a curve on a KDL-50W829.

My set doesn't seem to have any other issues, except for this bizarre one. The box it came with is in good shape, no signs of damage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If its only a slight curve and your happy with everything else - I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Upon saying that, for me personally - I would go back to my retailer that I purchased it from, and request an exchange.  2 reasons - I would always notice this curve from there on, and bug me.  Second reason, the curve is not by design and therefore you do not know exactly what damage in the long run this could cause - if you get where im coming from.

However the choice is ultimately yours :slight_smile:

Cheers

alexi6
Explorer

Thanks, Quinnicus!

CaptainLambino, who is a member here, confirmed that his 48W585B has a very slight curve too.

Maybe it was Sony's intention to mimic their high-end 4K models.

As you suggested, I will check with a local store that has this model on display.