Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46W905A Home button not responding.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dingardn

KDL-46W905A Home button not responding.

To whoever is reading...

Went to watch a video on YouTube at the weekend and realised the Home button no longer brings up the Home menu, on either remote, but the TV clearly shows the remotes are working as the led flashes to indicate activity. The option button also doesn't bring up the options menu, but again registers the button being pressed and a factory reset doesn't resolve the issue. I can get to the Home menu by pressing SEN, then Home.

Essentialy all I'd like to know is...

1. Am I the only KDL-46W905A user with this issue? &

2. When (roughly) a new firmware update can be expected that will probably resolve this issue now it's been highlighted?

The result of the Phone call is that an engineer is to be sent out and no doubt they will probably just confirm what I've already said, it's firmware related. I was without my last Bravia for a few month after contacting support so unless this TV also melts I would prefer to wait for a FW update (which should now be getting looked in to) than send it off.

31 REPLIES 31
mirabeaux
Explorer

Just realized that it's a conflict with the 'HDMI Control' feature on the Sky+ HD box. 

Disable 'HDMI Control' on the Sky box and the Options and Home buttons now function as normal on the tv.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update.  I was just about to suggest either enabling or disabling HDMI Control or Bravia Sync. 

Was there also an update to the Sky box recently too??  (I dont have one to know, so...)

mirabeaux
Explorer

Yes there was, not sure exactly when, but I think it's pretty recent. 

And one of the 'amazing new features' listed says 'One touch of the Sky Button will now turn on a compatible TV & Sky+ HD box in one go'. 

Presumably this is the HDMI Control feature which Sky and Sony need to discuss.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dingardn  @RegorsBack 

Hi there

Are you two able to confirm that you have the same setup as mirabeaux (ie a Sky Box), if so, does disabling HDMI Control resolve the issue?

Also for dingardn - did an engineer visit?  If so, what happened?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dingardn

Thanks to mirabeaux the issue is now resolved! When they Phoned to organize one to come I said I'd rather wait to see if a FW update resolved it as arranging a time to be in was difficult, but thanks to my post on here the issue has been resolved. :slight_smile:

RegorsBack
Explorer

Thanks to Quinnicus & Mrabeaux,

Combination of witching off HDMI control from the sky HD box and sync remote to TV again from TV seems to have corrected the problem.

will see if it sticks.

cheers

kevlaa
Explorer

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, options button not working.

In relation to "switching off HDMI control from the sky HD box" - I might be being a bit dense but is this in the Sky set-up itself I need to turn this off please?  Where abouts do I find this control please?

Thanks

mirabeaux
Explorer

Hi, on in your Sky HD box go to Settings then Picture and the bottom option is HDMI Control.

I turned this off and it solved my problem - I hope it does the same for you.

Kind regards,

Phil
kevlaa
Explorer

Thanks for replying Phil. 

I did that but it didn't work. 

As as I only got the TV yesterday I'm still understanding all the tech. I have resolved it now, what the issue was for me was selecting the home or options button nothing happened. I've found the issue was to do with sync remotes. 

What at I did was:

Settings > External Inputs

BRAVIA sync settings

When I disabled this low and behold the home and options button started working again. 

I noticed that when I was selecting Home, the Blu Ray player was coming on, so because of my meddling earlier I've somehow chosen the home button to turn that on through Bravia sync. 

All fixed again gain now, will keep using separate remotes until I know the system better. 

Thanks again

Kevin

profile.country.GB.title
markowe
Explorer

I had to do full factory reset to have 'home' button back to work.