Join now - be part of our community!

KD65-XE7002 TV - Time/Date issue - No Internet

KD65-XE7002 TV - Time/Date issue - No Internet

Model: Sony Bravia KD65-XE7002

I've had this tv 3-4 years and all of a sudden it has decided that it doesn't want to give internet access. It will discover the wifi and/or ethernet cable, just not allow internet access. Netflix will work without a problem, Firestick does not.

I have scoured the internet and found that this issue seems to be resolved with the date/time is incorrect compared to internet-based clocks (such as phone, laptop, etc) and that by turning it to manual and then auto, it will fix it. This does not work for me.

When switching to auto the greyed out date/time remains at 01-Jan-2017 and won't switch over, presumably because it isn't getting internet access, even after I have first gone to manually set the date/time to be the same as my wireless laptop and when I've just turned it off and on.

How can I get the internet access to the tv so that it can calibrate to the clock? I have done factory reset at least twice, I have connected wireless and wired. All other devices (wireless or wired) are able to connect to our Sky router and have full internet access with no problem. I have done a hard reset. I have unplugged it and left it off overnight. The firmware is correct and the latest.

I'm pulling my hair out

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@MrMERoberts 

Make sure it is set to sync the time with the network time.

If it is set to sync with broadcast time, and you don’t have any Freeview channels tuned in, then this is known to cause the issue.

If it won’t switch to network time, try (re)tuning some channels in,

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Piscie
Community Team

Have you checked that Network Time is selected by pressing Home - Settings - Device Preferences - Date & Time - Automatic Date & Time - Use Network Time?