Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65X80LU lost subtitles

profile.country.GB.title
TheLastSnowman
Explorer

KD-65X80LU lost subtitles

I recently bought a Sony KD-65X80LU, I found after purchase that unlike my KD-55XG8196 which I had just got rid of,  there was no text available on BBC channels. Okay I can live with that but today Subtitles stopped working, so I have a text button and a subtitles button on my remote which are now redundant. As I am hard of hearing subtitles are a necessity.

Does anyone have the same problems, if so have they been able to fix it? Or should I just return to the store?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

When you first got the TV did you switch on the Subtitles through the Settings menu?

Press the Settings button on your remote control.

Scroll left to Settings from the on screen menu.

Scroll down to System, click right to Accessibility.

Select Subtitle settings, there are two options

Broadcast and Streaming and other content.

click on each one and select the subtitle settings you want.

BBC Text services: towards the end of 2019 the BBC announced that it would be stopping its red button/ text services in an effort to save money.

TV manufacturers and other device manufacturers that supply broadcast TV services decided if that were the case to stop building in the necessary decoder for text services to their products.

In 2020 in part due to public demand and the onset of the pandemic the BBC decided to keep the text service going.

TV manufacturers did not reverse their decision so from 2020/21 all new TVs do not have the necessary decoder for the BBCs text services.

Snowman
New

Thanks for that info