Join now - be part of our community!

How do I get only favourite channels with the channel up & down buttons?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lk9876
Visitor

How do I get only favourite channels with the channel up & down buttons?

I've just purchased the Bravia EX537 and have set up my favourite channels and can see them in the guide. But then, after choosing to watch a channel from the favourites in the guide, when pressing the 'Prog' or Channel up and down buttons on the remote it scrolls through all channels, not just favourites. This is unlike any other TV i've had, usually setting up favourites means these are the only channels you see, which is what you want.

Is there a way to scroll up and down only through favourites?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
18 REPLIES 18

I just stumbled across a method to see only favourites when the remote doesn’t have a heart or discover button. 

Press guide button 

press action menu button 

choose guide source

choose your favorites list

tada

now if only Sony would’ve told us that!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
lauraloo2
New

unfortunately this still didn't work for me. Still Shows all the channels in the guide and when I use the up down channel buttons. 

I have a KD-55AF8 from 2020.

I also haven't been able to find anywhere where I can select to use a favorite list. Several places in the menus where I can setup favorites but just no way to actually use them. Really odd.

If I try the above my only options after selecting "choose guide source" is to select digital or analogue.

Instead I have had to delete the channels I don't want.

profile.country.GB.title
Deezell
Explorer

Just bought a new xh9005. Tuned in both satellite and terrestrial channels. I made a favourites list of a small mix of both, selected fron Digital (terrestrial tuner) and General satellite. 

As long as I only use the guide to change channels, it seens to stay on my favourite source, and the ch +/-  traverses it no problem, but its all too easy to have the epg revert to just the digital list. My worst problem, when I power off, and later on again, half my terrestrial channels are missing from my favourites list, exactly all those from on of the two terrestrial Mux which covers the full range of channels tuned in. They remain in the Digital list intact, but disappearfrom the Favourite list after each power off. All I was trying to do was create a very short list of the core terrestrial channels plus about 5 satellites, so herself can  quickly scroll through the terrestrial and then onto Skynews, withour having to bring up source list bars or hopping between Digital list and massive Satellite list. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Deezell, are you using the Sony channel Editor?

profile.country.GB.title
Deezell
Explorer

I can' login to reply. I'm stuck in an endless loop when I login. Login
reply states Im using sony uk registration. It asks if I wish to go to .uk
or .ie site. If I choose .ie im back where I started. If I choose .uk I
lose the thread I
Was trying to reply to. If I try to register to sony uk, ot says my email
address is already registered. Therefore Im locked out from answering the
reply to my first and seemingly last post. I notice that password is never
requested. This is a compete mess. Could it be because I changed my new set
to UK in order to see Freesat epg?
profile.country.GB.title
dlatiousa
Explorer

Add, show, or remove the favorite channels on your Android TV
  1. Set your TV to the channel you want to add as a favorite.
  2. On the remote control, press the TV button to display the TV menu.
  3. From the menu, select TV control.
  4. Select Add to Favorites.
  5. Select Favorite 1 to Favorite 4 to register as a favorite gardening channel.

profile.country.IE.title
Deezell

Yes, ive used the editor. It's of limited use tbh.

profile.country.IE.title
Deezell