Join now - be part of our community!

EPG reminder function stopped working on 01/01/21

profile.country.GB.title
almaxwe18
Explorer

EPG reminder function stopped working on 01/01/21

I have 2 old TVs - KDL20S4000 & KDL26S3000 - as of this morning (1st Jan 2021) the reminder function on the EPG stopped working. When I try to set the reminder I get an error message saying "This event data is invalid". I use the reminder function a lot to plan my viewing. How do I get ***** working again?

68 REPLIES 68
profile.country.GB.title
MotcoUK21
Explorer

No luck with mine either I'm afraid... 😕

profile.country.GB.title
lr1953
New

Done that.
This event data is invalid
Is still displayed when trying to set reminder.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
gardenfairy
Explorer

Hi Win_88

Please can you post here if you see a fix on Twitter, as I don't use it

Thanks

Gardenfairy

profile.country.GB.title
Sony_and_Share
Explorer

Return of the millennium bug due to quick cheap fix.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2229238-a-lazy-fix-20-years-ago-means-the-y2k-bug-is-taking-dow... 

Would have been ok for analogue only TV's that would be scrapped (about 2005) . Caught with their pants down if they carried on using the code for digital sets.

profile.country.GB.title
PopperTop
Explorer

So only a TV firmware update will fix this issue.

Will Sony issue affected users with one to flash via the memory stick service slot? I very much doubt it, the last update was nearly 10 years ago, and as that article mentions the people responsible for the TV software could be / are long gone. ☹️

profile.country.GB.title
MotcoUK21
Explorer

My TV set has no external input for a memory stick. I suppose fifteen years service is the best I can hope for.

profile.country.GB.title
PopperTop
Explorer

What software version do people have on their TV?

Mines on: 2.12.102

Searching around it looks like Germany had a two further updates than the UK, their highest seems to be version: 2.12.108

profile.country.GB.title
PopperTop
Explorer

Did you check near the CI module slot like an earlier post mentioned? I didn't even know my TV had a memory stick slot until I read it.

profile.country.GB.title
readerwendy
New

Version 2 12 105

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
profile.country.GB.title
PopperTop
Explorer

Are you in the UK?

I wonder why I've only got  .102 installed, auto update has always been set on 🤔