Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia**HX923 Panels, who makes them?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Bravia**HX923 Panels, who makes them?

Big Question for the Sony guys and a serious one at that, who actually made the panels fitted to this range?

thanks.

No takers? What a surprise!!, maybe this will answer the question and to why the quality is slipping.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051204/news_1b4sony.html

yeah, thats six year old news!!, but this aint!!!

http://www.whathifi.com/news/japan-sonys-sluggish-tv-business-drags-down-quarterly-financials-will-i...

so.....WHO'S making them now!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

You might have read this:

First, Sony's own research indicates that for general consumers, the  importance of a brand in a purchasing decision has dropped through the  floor. Indeed, it ranked just tenth on the list behind other factors  such as picture quality, screen size, sound quality and price.

That  immediately weakens a company like Sony, which has relied on the  immense strength of its brand for several decades. Sakamoto said that  the ultimate goal is to restore public faith in Sony to the extent that  people will "leave the house and go buy a Sony without even thinking  about other brands, like they did 10 or 20 years ago".

taken from:  http://www.techradar.com/news/television/sony-brands-less-important-to-tv-buyers-1063155

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

yes thats a very good article, i have not clocked that one!,

it does not matter that much what happened 10 or 20 years ago does it, whats important is the way things are now and if Sony wants to restore faith in people buying their products then its not just the way they are designed and built and all the bells and whistles they have, indeed its great to have the latest product and boast to friends and family you have the latest thing and its a Sony! BUT!, none of this is any good if you dont have the best customer support to go with it, this area needs serious re definement.

customers do not want to spend 20 mins or more talking to someone who dont understand at a call centre in Bangladesh!, nor do they want to hear nonsense like "its within specification", i mean how the hell do they know!!, and the other " have you performed a factory reset and firmware upgrade", more off the blackboard speak!, indeed in SOME cases this can fix things but is not always the correct answer.

Best customer experience in my view was from LG and John Lewis.

i phoned John Lewis with a query who then got LG to phone me same day, i told them the problem and they said they would get an engineer to get in touch, later that afternoon the engineer phoned to arrange a view the next day, he came out, looked, said its not right and phoned LG in front of me, he told me it would be fixed and went away.

next day John Lewis was back in touch to arrange collection of the set, offered a full refund or exchange but since there was no more stock i accepted the refund.

now thats what i call customer care!

i know this thread has gone slightly off topic, but my point is here, Sony need to improve this area as well,

P.S, i know i said the engineer said it would be fixed but after he left LG told him not to bother fixing it as they wanted it back, he was going to change a board but they said no.