Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 55HX923 Ticking On Power-on and Standby for About 5 Minutes

profile.country.en_GB.title
stumpybloke
New

Bravia 55HX923 Ticking On Power-on and Standby for About 5 Minutes

Hi.

I have just had a 55HX923 and have a question please...

...when i put the rocker switch to ON but dont actually turn on the TV I can hear a very quiet ticking (like a watch I guess) coming from the back of the set.  It lasts for about 5 minutes then stops.  The exact same thing happens when I put the TV into standby after I have been watching it...again it goes after a few minutes.

It can only be heard from the back and doesnt eminate from the switch. It is not thermal creaking. Does anyone else's do this?

TIA

Richard

BTW, thanks to Bravia55hx923 for his help.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Hi Richard,

I am really impressed by your attention to detail. I hope that you have your on the wall with an easy to move bracket. I have the 65 and it does make the noise. It does not feel like a watch to me instead of a tic, tic, tic sounds more like a cri, cri, cri. I have not heard it before. I had to go behind the TV as you said. I do not think that it is a problem. I assume that it must me the electricity going through all the circuits. A Sony Representative might join in and shed some light in the matter.

Cheers

stumpybloke
New

Hi.  Thanks for your reply.  So you get the same 'phenomena' as me then, i.e. the noise starts for about 5 minutes or so on power-on and when put to standby?  Its an incredibly subtle noise isnt it?

I have also noticed that I can stop the noise by obviously flicking the rocker switch but of course, it comes back for a few minutes as soon as the rocker is on again!  To be expected I guess?

Oh while I think about it, my set is on a stand, thats how I noticed the noise...how did you notice yours with it being wall mounted?

Thanks again, Richard

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Yes, I get the noise which is hard to describe. It felt more like a cricket to me than a watch and yes when I turn off the switch the noise is gone. It only happens in stand-by. I have not noticed it to be honest. I just checked because I read your post and wanted to check for you. I usually turn all my toys off from the wall switch so not heard that before. I had to move the TV to the front. I have it on a bracket the tilts, swivel and move front and back.

I think that it is OK. It would be good to know other people have the same phenomena and some Sony Expert opinion in the matter.

Cheers

stumpybloke
New

thanks very much 🙂