Join now - be part of our community!

apps on Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
peterg136
Explorer

apps on Bravia TV

I have a KDL-32W705B and the apps are awful, when they even work, basically YouTube and iPlayer (the worst) the rest is bloatware. Now I am bring pushed the "latest" Bravia TVs but there is nothing about the apps on these "smart" sets and are they updated? I like the quality of the TV as a TV, but I don't want another app turkey - I have a small Samsung that leaves the Sony standing in the app stakes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
peterg136
Explorer

Appreciate the quick reply, and take your point, I guess I'll just run it into the ground and ask more question next time. Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Most of the current TVs are Android TVs which means that you can get apps from the Google Play Store and install them as you like - like on a smartphone.

So a big difference to your W705B...

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
peterg136
Explorer

Appreciate the quick reply, and take your point, I guess I'll just run it into the ground and ask more question next time. Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
UVA44-.

Do you mean that one has to buy a new TV? YouTube has always worked but now no more. Can you tell me why, please? Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
peterg136
Explorer

Why? Because Sony is another money grabbing corporation, who bim customers once you buy their wares, which are out of date when it hits the store. You wpuld thing they could sell a bow you could connect to the TV, but why do that when you could buy another TV. Go to a better supplier, I know I will. Good quality picture and sound but ***** customer service.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Applications do require updates to run smoothly, in the case of the non-android TVs, apps are only updated through a complete software update (for the TV) unlike the Android TV, in which you can update the app through Google play store.

Maybe this is why the apps are not functioning, am i making any sense?