Join now - be part of our community!

Apps missing or not working

Vince960
Explorer

Apps missing or not working

Hi,

I've a Sony TV (Bravia KD-55X8505B ; fw PKG3.004EUA) since 2 years and I'm very happy about this product. However, since 2 weeks, apps are not working (not able to laucnh it) and if I try to install a new one, the list of apps is empty.

What I did until today:

- Update the TV fw but seems I have the latest one

- Check internet connection (using wifi) and all is good (recheck wifi password and IP and test the connection through network settings)

- Check the internet/wifi router details and just to make sure I put the IP address of the TV on the DMZ

Still not working... Any advise?

Thanks,

V.

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
Fastship61
Explorer

solution:[Settings] > [System Settings] > [Set-up] > [Network] > [Refresh Internet Content]

as of 23 oct '18

profile.country.GB.title
Fastship61
Explorer

solution:[Settings] > [System Settings] > [Set-up] > [Network] > [Refresh Internet Content]

as of 23 oct '18 11:52

profile.country.GB.title
edgar_wallace_presents
New

Apps back again here - did a full factory re-set (again!) beforehand, just to be sure.

profile.country.GB.title
marianellag
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem.

my internet connection appears to be working fine - the diagnosis is connected.

my apps vanished.

using the tv remote control there is no longer choice to connect to Netflix or YouTube...completely gone.

i have done return to factory settings then run all software updates, check internet connections, etc, etc no difference .. simply no Netflix and no other apps.

Second attempt made to connect to Netflix using now a amazon fire tv stick as an additional device using one of the tv ports. It works. I can connect to any app via the aamazon fire tv stick so something is wrong with my tv software.

Please advice

profile.country.GB.title
marianellag
Explorer

I also tried the above. Nothing worked.

the connection appears ok but then I get failed authenticating <2200>

wasted hours of hours on this. 

My amazon prime stoped loading too. I went in the setting and selected “refresh internet contents”. All the apps are now working.

profile.country.GB.title
JimXRoberts
Explorer

I have a similar problem.  Two of the apps I use regularly no longer work and the list of available apps has shrunk from over 100 to 28.  BBC iPlayer is still there, but there are no catch-up apps for ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5.  This appears to have happened with a recent software update.  I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the TV & Router, changing the DNS addresses and I've also tried a factory reset but nothing changes.  I suspect the problem is that many of the apps are not compatible with the latest software update.  Sony need to address this.  There are a load of dissatisfied Sony customers out there who will be looking elsewhere next time they change their TVs.

profile.country.GB.title
ronnyharry
New

This is because the contract between Sony and Opera and Vue has been terminated. So the TV we have is a devalued asset- remind me never to buy sony again- very bad deal.

profile.country.GB.title
JimXRoberts
Explorer

Listen up Sony.  Fix it or we vote with our feet.