Join now - be part of our community!

Apps missing or not working

Vince960
Explorer

Apps missing or not working

Hi,

I've a Sony TV (Bravia KD-55X8505B ; fw PKG3.004EUA) since 2 years and I'm very happy about this product. However, since 2 weeks, apps are not working (not able to laucnh it) and if I try to install a new one, the list of apps is empty.

What I did until today:

- Update the TV fw but seems I have the latest one

- Check internet connection (using wifi) and all is good (recheck wifi password and IP and test the connection through network settings)

- Check the internet/wifi router details and just to make sure I put the IP address of the TV on the DMZ

Still not working... Any advise?

Thanks,

V.

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
Kellymarkmegan
Explorer

Got a very long winded email asking me to reset everything again & change DNS, I did a factory reset & refreshed internet content & all apps have returned. If it happens again I’m going to return the tv as it’s only a week old & shouldn’t have to mess around with the menu so much!!

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

Thanks for this. My apps still not working so may have to do this. What a pain it all is!

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

Not mine as yet 🙁

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

Mine are back too!!! Hallelujah! Thank you everyone on this forum for getting together to put pressure on Sony to sort this and for the support and encouragement. You are stars! 😀👍😘

profile.country.GB.title
M0j0666

Mine are back but keeps freezing my tv. This so annoying! 

yorkyboy57
Explorer

I have the same problem with the remote control aswell after you try selecting all apps. I've got a KDL-32WD603 and found out this evening the apps screen has stopped working. 

I have got a 5 year guarantee through John Lewis so if Sony don't resolve it I will be asking John Lewis for a replacement. I note their website says they do not guarantee the availability of apps however I believe the withdrawal of an app and a fault are 2 separate issues. If John Lewis still refuse to change the TV then I will pursue the matter through my credit card company being the item cost over £100

profile.country.GB.title
Fastship61
Explorer

Don't mess with your settings, this is Sony's fault and it is for them not you to resolve. The fualt lies at their end.

This is a recurring problem with Sony.

My set is going back to Amazon.

profile.country.GB.title
Fastship61
Explorer

Yup, me too. No apps and this set is now going back to Amazon.

profile.country.GB.title
Banksie71
Explorer

Hello @Rglithero JL didn't post anything. I called them up and they said they'd been told by Sony it was a bug in an update, they were working on it, should be ok within 2-4 days, but if not Sony gave that tel number for Customers to call. I see some folks Apps are back

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Update on issues from Sony:

Tried on my KDL-32WD756.  Apps menu back.  Need to log-in to my Amazon and Netflix, iPlayer etc etc and test.

Will Report Back

[Moderator edit: removed URL as the original cause has been fixed]