Join now - be part of our community!

Apps missing or not working

Vince960
Explorer

Apps missing or not working

Hi,

I've a Sony TV (Bravia KD-55X8505B ; fw PKG3.004EUA) since 2 years and I'm very happy about this product. However, since 2 weeks, apps are not working (not able to laucnh it) and if I try to install a new one, the list of apps is empty.

What I did until today:

- Update the TV fw but seems I have the latest one

- Check internet connection (using wifi) and all is good (recheck wifi password and IP and test the connection through network settings)

- Check the internet/wifi router details and just to make sure I put the IP address of the TV on the DMZ

Still not working... Any advise?

Thanks,

V.

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Does anyone from Sony monitor this forum???

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

Do you have a direct link to Watchdog? - would save the clambering through various screens!

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

I just typed Watchdog contact into my search bar and got the page 1st time.  I used the 'Send your Story' section.

Aly478
Explorer

I’m having exactly the same problem. Been like this for a couple of days. How do I resolve this? Is it due to a software update?

profile.country.GB.title
Banksie71
Explorer

I bought mine in John Lewis, called them, they advised there is a bug in the Sony software update from a few days ago and they and Sony have been receiving hundreds of calls. Anticipating a software update to fix bug within 2-4 days. If no luck within 4 days, JL have given direct line to Sony 0207 365 2810

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

Thanks. I’ll add my tuppence worth!

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Did you see the post from Banksie71? Apparently Sony are receiving lots of calls about this - there was a big in their latest update and they are working on a fix within 2-4 days?!

Fingers crossed 🤞

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Thank you for passing this on - hopefully it will get sorted out this week then.

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

profile.country.GB.title
edgar_wallace_presents
New

My thanks to Banksie71 for posting up the info about the Sony software update with bug for added value 😞

I've been tearing my hair out since late on Friday evening trying to fix the unfixable!

profile.country.GB.title
M0j0666

Cheers! Well done John Lewis for letting their customers know. But Sony could have just put something on there web site to stop all the head scratching! Shabby Sony, shabby!