Join now - be part of our community!

Apps missing or not working

Vince960
Explorer

Apps missing or not working

Hi,

I've a Sony TV (Bravia KD-55X8505B ; fw PKG3.004EUA) since 2 years and I'm very happy about this product. However, since 2 weeks, apps are not working (not able to laucnh it) and if I try to install a new one, the list of apps is empty.

What I did until today:

- Update the TV fw but seems I have the latest one

- Check internet connection (using wifi) and all is good (recheck wifi password and IP and test the connection through network settings)

- Check the internet/wifi router details and just to make sure I put the IP address of the TV on the DMZ

Still not working... Any advise?

Thanks,

V.

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
swainm

I have started a support case with Sony and am waiting for a response.

I’m completely stuck as I looked at what my current IP and Subnet numbers are but TV is telling me they are incorrect!!!

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Hi, I know how you feel.  Mine started doing this last night and can’t decide whether to just go and buy a new TV - infuriating, as you shouldn’t have to!

I have a started a support case with Sony but am still waiting for a response.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

Tried network refresh several times with no result. Here is the info - please help.

Product: Sony Bravia KDLWD751 IPV6/Pv4 PriorityBuilt in Wi-fi On

I.P address setting 192.168.1.64.     Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Primary DNS.  192.168.1.254

Is this to do with an update?

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Rglithero
Explorer

Same here with tv in kitchen - 32WD756. Tried all recommendations above with no joy. Has a problematic update been applied? 😞

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Hi,  from reading a previous post, Sony seems to have made an update in May and knew that it would affect certain models of TV.  I am waiting for a response from them.  If not, there is a contact number but only open Mon to Fri !!!  

So annoying.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

And can’t do that every time there’s an update! 

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

I was tempted to go buy a new one but haven’t had this one long and it’s our main TV!  

I have to persevere 😩

profile.country.GB.title
Godlovesme
New

I am having the same issue .the apps are not loading when i select all apps.i refreshed and its not the internet connection since i can get netflix when i click from remote.

Its very frustrating since i have spent 3 hours trying to troubleshoot.

Then all of a sudden during cable sony pops up.

Please help 

profile.country.GB.title
Cheekychocolate
Explorer

We’re having the same issue too with our KDL-40WD653 - really annoying!  We can access Netflix through the button but can’t get the the apps.  If we try selecting home screen and “all apps” we get a blank screen and it freezes the tv.  Hoping this can be fixed soon. I opened a support case last night too. 

Foggy1960
Explorer

Same problem here. TV apps worked fine Thursday evening, but stopped on Friday 19/10/18. When the TV is first switched on the "Home" button works for a few moments, but clicking on "apps" has no effect other than scrambling the TV. The remote then fails to work for a minute or two. The remote then starts to work normally again until I push the "Home" button and it then freezes and fails to bring up the apps/settings/ menu.

I've tried the fixes suggested, but nothing has worked. I'm reluctant to change DNS settings and feel that after all this time this can't be due to the May software update.

My TV model is KDL-32WD754, less than 2 years old!

Software version 8.213-1000-1.330-01