Join now - be part of our community!

Apps missing or not working

Vince960
Explorer

Apps missing or not working

Hi,

I've a Sony TV (Bravia KD-55X8505B ; fw PKG3.004EUA) since 2 years and I'm very happy about this product. However, since 2 weeks, apps are not working (not able to laucnh it) and if I try to install a new one, the list of apps is empty.

What I did until today:

- Update the TV fw but seems I have the latest one

- Check internet connection (using wifi) and all is good (recheck wifi password and IP and test the connection through network settings)

- Check the internet/wifi router details and just to make sure I put the IP address of the TV on the DMZ

Still not working... Any advise?

Thanks,

V.

96 REPLIES 96
profile.country.GB.title
James_.S
Explorer

I've got exactly the same problem as Rosie - 

I've reset the wifi, switched off tv etc. and done a factory reset and I still have a blank app screen... which then freezes the tv.

I can access Netflix directly via the button on the remote.

What is going on?

profile.country.GB.title
hothoneyandlemon
Explorer

Hi.

if you have changed the DNS settings to 8. 8. 8. 8. & 8. 8. 4. 4. s in that link that I pasted above then it can’t be the identical  problem/cure that sorted my loss of apps out. 

However there is a London based helpline number also at the bottom of this link which I phoned and the guy I spoke to there was determined on every level to get my problem sorted and he did... try that. 

Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Hi, I have exactly the same problem - started yesterday on Sony Bravia KDL-32WD751.

I press Home and then Apps on remote and nothing’s happens. The Netflix button worked once.  Have tried a complete reset and have restored factory settings etc.

So frustrating and don’t know what to do?

profile.country.GB.title
mkuksonyman

I set DNS primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4. AFTER a full factory reset. I had peviously enabled a wi fi connection to the tv and a hard wired connection using an ethernet cable when trying all possibilities to get things to work. All worked ok after a factory reset and using the hard wired connection only and not using wireless. Several settings wre altered automatically including IPv6 being enabled , even though Sony support documents say to not use ipv6. It all works now anyway and apps refresh and update.Hope this helps.
profile.country.GB.title
jamescryer
Explorer

Mine is doing exactly the same since last night- no apps appear but I can still get Netflix through the Netflix button - I’ve tried factory reset and still nothing and it also says after reset no updates available?

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Hi, are you able to help me with resetting the DNS numbers?

I don’t know what to enter for the I.P Address or Subnet Mask???

many thanks,

swainm

profile.country.GB.title
swainm

Exactly the same issue as mine!  I have started a case with Sony Support.

Have tried setting the DNS numbers but mine needs me to enter IP Address and Subnet Mask numbers and I have no idea where to get those from?

profile.country.GB.title
vivman
Explorer

Mine KDL-40WD653 is doing exactly the same since last 4 hrs- no apps appear but I can still get Netflix through the Netflix button - I’ve tried factory reset, Power reset and everythign they suggested : https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00197904  and still nothing and it also  there are no software updates available?

profile.country.GB.title
M0j0666

I'm getting exactly the same asking me for up and mask numbers! 

profile.country.GB.title
Jonquilla

I have exactly the same problem with my Sony Bravia KDL - 32WD751 and it is driving me bonkers! I don’t know whether to find it good not to be alone or sad that more people are suffering. Hoping very much that someone will provide a solution.