Join now - be part of our community!

Apps missing or not working

Vince960
Explorer

Apps missing or not working

Hi,

I've a Sony TV (Bravia KD-55X8505B ; fw PKG3.004EUA) since 2 years and I'm very happy about this product. However, since 2 weeks, apps are not working (not able to laucnh it) and if I try to install a new one, the list of apps is empty.

What I did until today:

- Update the TV fw but seems I have the latest one

- Check internet connection (using wifi) and all is good (recheck wifi password and IP and test the connection through network settings)

- Check the internet/wifi router details and just to make sure I put the IP address of the TV on the DMZ

Still not working... Any advise?

Thanks,

V.

96 REPLIES 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its been about a week since you posted this issue - have you managed to resolve it or are you still requiring help?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mkuksonyman

Is there a published answer to this??

profile.country.NL.title
dennismuys
Explorer

I have the exact same problem running software version: PKG3.004EUA

Netflix and youtube both won't start, the internet browser works as expected.

I tried uninstalling the youtube app, only to come to the realisation that I can't install it again since the app list is almost empty.

I hope this is just a software bug and not just dropped support for those apps as this site says: dutch sony info site

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Can you please try a "Refresh Internet Content".  Also can you please reply back with the model numbers of your TV, as if this needs to be reported to Sony, then they will need model numbers too.  Also can you confirm your ISP too (just another avenue for investigation if needed)

Cheers

profile.country.NL.title
dennismuys
Explorer

Refresh internet connection doesn't change anything, it reports a success but the app list remains almost empty and netflix and youtube still won't start.

KD-55X8505B is the model number of the tv, the exact same as OP's.

My ISP is "online" formerly known as "xs4all".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have done a search on other Sony forums as well as other technology forums too and can not find any others reporting this problem.  I also checked with the forum manager to see if he had heard of any issues in regards to SEN apps etc.  It appears that only yourself that is having the problem, with a couple of people begining to middle of last month - so I can only take it that it is isolated to you at this stage.

A couple of things to try

1. Turn off the TV completely as well as your router for your ISP
  2. Leave off for a few minutes
  3. Switch on router and ensure that all is back up and running again
  4. Switch on TV and try again.

The other option to try is a full factory reset - instructions HERE.  This can fix many issues and besides its the first thing Sony Support also suggests as well.

If that still fails, I'll escalate this issue to Sony Support.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mkuksonyman

For any one who's interested in this problem, see my reply from sony below

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

Following our conversation regarding your Sony model: KD-55X8505B, please be advised to follow the steps on this links:

1) https://sony.co.uk/support/en/article/36641/36641/kw/ip%20manu

2) https://sony.co.uk/support/en/article/84346/84346/kw/dns

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

I changed the IP address of the tv from .4 to .104 and fixed this address on my router by reserving .104 for the tv.

I also changed the primary dns to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary to 8.8.4.4. It all works now, netflix and amazon are back and I have about 100 apps. Sometimes netflix will jump back to my Sky hdmi input and i cure this by reloading the content from Network settings using the remote.

Hope this helps !!!
profile.country.GB.title
hothoneyandlemon
Explorer

Hi, I am in uk, and I have solved this problem after it driving me MAD and coming to a blank several times looking for solutions on the internet, none of them worked, rebooting, reconnecting to wifi bla bla bla.  So last night I gave it my last shot and I found the following AND IT WORKED.  It is caused by a Bravia server upgrade in May 2018.  We now have all straming apps present and I am really chufffed.

Follow link below and if disconnecting power supply and reconecting power supply doesnt work (of course that sounded WAY too easy) You need to follow link to "CHANGE DNS SETTINGS ONYOUR TV TO 8.8.8.8" its a bit scary ut I managed it and I am not a teccie, if in doubt ask a mate who is.  After all the TV is just about rendered useless so nothing to loose. Link herewith-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00198726

profile.country.GB.title
Rosie_ross
Explorer

I have this issue. All apps have just disappeared!! I can get Netflix by accessing direct using button on control , but via apps page it just is a blank screen. I’ve rebooted everything and reset tv. Nothing??? What can be done?