Join now - be part of our community!

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

SOLVED
Andrewcvarley
Explorer

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

I'm having the same issue, except I have an Ethernet cable. No connection to the Sony servers for anything is possible. 

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.GB.title
jeepjimboy
Explorer

After reading the recently posted update message from Sony, and doing a "refresh internet services" in the TV settings, all the APPS are back.

Phew

GapDragon
Explorer

It worked.  PTL

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Yes confirm all working.  KDL-32WD756 

What was of interest to me was that I had not updated from 8.213 software before doing the Internet Content refresh.

Which would indicate that the issue was not TV software release but in the SONY back-end systems delivering this content to our TV's      

Would have been nice if that could have been stated on the Announcements to save us all tearing our hair out!

While I was in the mood I have then done the 8.215 software update and that works all OK as well!

Thanks for all other posters comments

marvin215
New

my sony bravia will not upload apps says that the sserver is down spectrum states that the modem is working fine and i should contact you

marvin215
New

i see from the list that i am not the only person having problems with apps maybe later

profile.country.GB.title
Margaretcc10
New

Can’t get Netflix or any streaming apps happy holidays (not) Sony you’ve done it again get it sorted please x

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
zbysiu909
New

KDL-40W705L. Have refreshed content several times, still no apps. Both WiFi and cable connection working as recorder brings up BBC iPlayer etc. Not good at all as I'm paying for Amazon and Netflix subscriptions which I can't currently use.

AngryLem13
Explorer

Thought it was just my bluray model, clearly it's the Sony server that's the issue.  Would be nice if we could go on the support site and get a little heads-up from the company before we all stress out for New Year - just a little note, "We know there's a problem, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible".  Just a suggestion, Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Margaretcc10
New

This has happened before I think you just have to reboot but haven’t tried it yet. Good luck if you try but Sony should really be on top
of this

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
alxd2123
Explorer

I'm having the same problem. It (KD-70X8505B) was fine yesterday and now I am getting an error message 2123. The internet connection is still fine and the internet browser works so I think it must be a problem at the Sony end...