Join now - be part of our community!

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

SOLVED
Andrewcvarley
Explorer

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

I'm having the same issue, except I have an Ethernet cable. No connection to the Sony servers for anything is possible. 

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.GB.title
PhilRutt
Explorer

I have spoken to Sony Customer Service. They have escalated to a technical team who will get back to me tomorrow between 4pm and 6pm. We'll see what they say or have done about the problem.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
rayedgecombe
Explorer

I think it must be a bug in Sonys latest update.  my tv has been working fine for the last 12  months,   for the last two days have the same sympoms as you...

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

All,

This Notice has just gone up

[Moderator edit: removed tech-support URL as the original cause has been fixed]

profile.country.GB.title
jeepjimboy
Explorer

And so have I had exactly the same problem, if I had any hair it would be pulled out, in a lot of respects I am glad its not of my doing or bad WiFi, in other respects, get it sorted Sony ASAP please.

Model : KDL-32WD756

When I press home - apps, nothing happens, but remote control becomes unresponsive unless I turn set off or press guide. Can access Netflix through Netflix button and also bbciplayer, by pressing green button while watching bbc. Unable to access YouTube or amazon prime. Started this weekend. Tv is 1 yr old (ish) and has been fine until now.

In in response to your other questions: 

No error message comes

router rebooted - no change 

tv runs off wired connection

3 factory resets performed

BT internet for ISP- rest of house running fine for internet

Thanks in advance for your help

J

yorkyboy57
Explorer

My TV is right next to the BT Hub and I am still having the same problem. Also same problem with the remote not working after you try and select apps. Why is it things usually start going wrong after some bright spark decides to do a software update. Companies will never learn and its the customer who suffers 

profile.country.GB.title
tkm_uk
Explorer

Okay.... I've managed to resolve my problem with internet apps not working at all.

I performed the Reset to Factory Settings (home > settings > customer services > reset)

But...when setting up again -  i choose the "Expert" option for setting up the networking.   I don't know if this is significant, but the first time I setup the TV, i choose the easy setup option for WiFi.   I am not using a proxy, so for me, it was farly straight forward to answer the questions.   Anyway, after the tuning completed, I tested the internet apps, and everything appears to be working just fine now.

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Sony says resolved:

Tried on my KDL-32WD756. Apps menu back. Need to log-in to my Amazon and Netflix, iPlayer etc etc and test.

[Moderator edit: removed tech-support URL as the original cause has been fixed]

profile.country.GB.title
Margaretcc10
New

Worked for me too just got to do same for the other tv’s time consuming but at least it’s done

profile.country.GB.title
Fastship61
Explorer

solution:[Settings] > [System Settings] > [Set-up] > [Network] > [Refresh Internet Content]

as of 23 oct '18