Join now - be part of our community!

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

SOLVED
Andrewcvarley
Explorer

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

I'm having the same issue, except I have an Ethernet cable. No connection to the Sony servers for anything is possible. 

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.GB.title
Esidara
Explorer

Seconded. It says solved, but I can't see where, or how?

78Missfit
Explorer

Exactly the same problem on a Bravia 32. No solutions posted, and nobody at Sony is responding. Problems started yesterday and are not solved. Does anybody at Sony check these boards?

profile.country.GB.title
Kerryq2
Explorer

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all

For everyone who is having troubles, can you please post back a few details

1. Is it only 1 app or multiple?
  2. What error message are you getting? (if amy)
  3. What device and model is this issue on?
  4. Have you rebooted your router?
  5. Have you ruled out a wifi issue by connecting an ethernet cable from device and router?
  6. Can you perform a factory reset of the device?
  7. What ISP are you with?
  8. Any other relevant information?

Cheers

The menu for the multiple apps (home button) is not showing when home button pressed.

no error message

sony kills 32 wd

i have rebooted the router

ive not tried the Ethernet cable

ive not tried the reset option yet

profile.country.GB.title
SonyTVNotWorking
New

My apps just stopped working yesterday and I see no solution in this thread. Not particularly happy with Sony or my Sony TV at present. I feel like I wasted my money on this thing. I don't have cable, I watch TV through apps so this set is essentially almost useless now. Here are my answers to the questions posted earlier:

For everyone who is having troubles, can you please post back a few details

1. Is it only 1 app or multiple? No app works through the Home button. I can't even get to the apps screen at all. The only thing that will load is Netflix from the Netflix button on my remote.
  2. What error message are you getting? (if amy) No error messages. It just doesn't load the apps page.
  3. What device and model is this issue on? Sony Bravia 32W600D.
  4. Have you rebooted your router? Yes.
  5. Have you ruled out a wifi issue by connecting an ethernet cable from device and router? Yes.
  6. Can you perform a factory reset of the device? I don't know how to do this so I haven't tried.
  7. What ISP are you with? Time Warner Cable.
  8. Any other relevant information? None that I can think of. Nothing changed in my setup, the apps page just stopped loading yesterday. I see that others are having the same problem and I know it's not my setup so it's obviously a problem on Sony's end.

profile.country.GB.title
PhilRutt
Explorer

My responses

Is it only 1 app or multiple? All
No app works through the Home button. True
I can't even get to the apps screen at all. True
The only thing that will load is Netflix from the Netflix button on my remote. Haven’t tried
What error message are you getting? None It just doesn't load the apps page.
What device and model is this issue on? Sony Bravia KDL-32WD603.
Have you rebooted your router? Yes.
Have you ruled out a wifi issue by connecting an ethernet cable from device and router? No.
Can you perform a factory reset of the device? Yes, have done so to no avaiI
What ISP are you with? Plusnet
Any other relevant information? Rebooted router, unplugged router, unplugged TV, reset personal information, nothing makes any difference.

P
profile.country.GB.title
KK_Rogue
Explorer

So frustrating but also glad its not just me:

Is it only 1 app or multiple? All
No app works through the Home button. True
I can't even get to the apps screen at all. True
The only thing that will load is Netflix from the Netflix button on my remote. Only works intermittently, most says please try later
What error message are you getting? Screen just black, no apps showing and then TV takes ages to respond.
What device and model is this issue on? Sony Bravia KDL-49WD754
Have you rebooted your router? Yes.
Have you ruled out a wifi issue by connecting an ethernet cable from device and router? Yes and WIFI working just fine.

Can you perform a factory reset of the device? Yes, have reset it.
What ISP are you with? Sky
Any other relevant information? Rebooted router, unplugged router, unplugged TV, Unplugged everything! Nothing working. Checked I was on most up to date firmware.

Richmond29
Explorer

KDL40WD653 Sony Bravia.

I tried to access 'All Apps' on my TV. When I click the icon the menu closes and Apps doesn't appear. Also the remote controll buttons stop working (apart fron on/off).  Internet connection ok and TV indicates that software is up to date. 

Netflix comes up when I click the actual Netflix buttone on the remote.

Is this an issue with the latest software update?

Thanks

Mike

willowmm
New

1. Is it only 1 app or multiple? All, not able to even get to App page
  2. What error message are you getting? (if amy) None- black screen
  3. What device and model is this issue on? KDL-40W650D
  4. Have you rebooted your router? Yes, multiple times
  5. Have you ruled out a wifi issue by connecting an ethernet cable from device and router?. Yes
  6. Can you perform a factory reset of the device? Yes, did so 3 times
  7. What ISP are you with? Comcast
  8. Any other relevant information? Started happening 10/21/18. Netflix button on the remote will allow access to netflix- just can't access anything through apps page.
profile.country.GB.title
tkm_uk
Explorer

I purchased a Sony Bravia 32WD756BU yesterday, setup and TV channels including High Def working fine.    My Netflixs button appears to work (i get to the registration screen), but when I go to HOME > Apps nothing happens, nothing is shown on the screen - the remote becomes unresponsive, apart from power on/off button. None of the advertised applications such as YouTube, or BBC iplayer are accessable.

I checked the wifi signal strength in the network settings - this appears also to be good.   I will move the TV downstairs and try next to my router, but i don't think this is the problem (because Netflix appears operational).   I also tried updating network apps, that said it was updated.

My broadband is PlusNet.   I have another Sony TV in the house, and that is working fine.

I need a resolution to this, or I rather feer this TV will be going back the supplier for a full refund.  Can somebody please help me?

profile.country.GB.title
rayedgecombe
Explorer

I have same problem for last two days.  netflix ok    no apps displayed and remote device becomes unresponsive..