Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM4 Broken after update

profile.country.GB.title
Imok07
Explorer

WF-1000XM4 Broken after update

My fiancee bought my WFXM4 last September 27, 2021 and it was perfectly working until around November 2022 where everything spiralled downwards. Uneven battery draining, battery drains from 100 to 10% real quick, I tried to ignore it as I am assuming it was a charging problem but the problem persisted until it was really upsetting so I did some research only to find out it was caused by their own firmware update.

Reddit users saying this is worldwide problem and most of the people that got same issues after the update even if it is off warranty Sony were replacing their products to brandnew ones. 

I have called costumer support and was initially told that I need to send my product for a repair in repair center, so I did another research about this. Unfortunately, upon sending it there is a 30gbp you need to pay and some people even payed 200gbp for a repair on a product that caused 245. So I told them I am not sending my product and paying another dime for a problem that is caused by the company itself. 

After this, the costumer support told me they will escalate this matter then asked for my receipts and photo of my product then after submitting all this, I was expecting I will have a postive outcome but this time Sony told me they will not be able to do anything because my product was bought from a 3rd party seller which is Amazon. 

I mean, this is completely frustrating and heart breaking. Sony you are better than this! You caused the reason why my product is broken and you would not do anything? This is so unfair! 

can anyone help me please how to escalate this and tell me the steps. Me and my fiancee is desperate as this product is important and memorable for us. 

3 REPLIES 3
Piscie
Community Team

@Imok07, that sounds really frustrating 😞 But since they already escalated the matter, maybe the only solution is to send the device to the service centre, you can call them first to check an estimated price for this service

profile.country.GB.title
Imok07
Explorer

It is really frustrating! They just sent me a copy of their policy but there was nothing stated about 3rd party sellers. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Imok07, as far as I know, Amazon is an authorised retailer, are you sure this is what they said? Also, why is the retailer relevant? Did you ask for a refund? If yes, that's related to your retailer, not Sony. 

Regarding the issue itself, there's a soon-to-be released update that will improve the battery, why don't you wait for that?