Join now - be part of our community!

Terrible customer service from sony outlet store

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

Terrible customer service from sony outlet store

Paid a premium for next day delivery - then told (AFTER PAYING) can't deliver before 24th dec (the time the free service would deliver) and i am away.

Phoned customer services and was misled and lied to as i was told order would be cancelled there and then and i would get confirmation email

No confirmation email

Phoned again and told order cannot cancelled only 1 hour after placing order as it has "gone for dispatch"

Told I cannot be refunded cost of next day delivery

Two further emails unanswered after 24 hrs

email confirmation received with delivery details - CONSIGNMENT NUMBER MISSING SO I CANNOT TRACK ORDER.

Further email sent - unanswered

Terrible service, unprofessional and poor. 

WILL NEVER USE AGAIN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

FINALLY GOT A REFUND CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT ON ORDER PLACED ON 19/12/2013

WROTE THIS EMAIL TO SONY OUTLET SALES TEAM

hello XXXXXXXX

i see from my credit card statement that my account has finally been refunded

02/01/2014 03/01/2014 SONY-CENTRES.CO.UK   £296.01 

I have to say that dealing with the sony outlet team has been a deeply frustrating and curious experience and there have been countless errors made on this order as you are well aware and i have spent time chasing this order day after day after day.

After this experience i doubt very much whether i will ever use the service again.

In the end i purchased a refurbished vario sonar lens from ebay (refurbished) for 270 pounds and it arrived the next day and it looks brand new. I was so pleased with this i went out and purchased a 30mm macro lens with the same company for 99 pounds - again - next day delivery - brand new but no box. 

I would have preferred to have given this money to sony as i enjoy your products.

all in this fiasco has cost your company 370 pounds plus the delivery charges - scale that up to other customers that have gone elsewhere and i've no doubt your sales team is costing sony rather a lot of money

Any way, hope you have a good year and you are able to make improvements to the service as i fear other customers like myself with be put off and take business elsewhere.
 XXXX XXXXXX

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Not all bad!

I configuered and ordered a Vaio Pro 13 SVP1321C5E online on 3rd Dec (delivery stated 27th) queried a point next day with Sony Support, who gave me a run down of expected times of production, the 7th, delivery from factory to Sony Europe between 13th and 18th,,and hoped for delivery to me by 23rd  but not guaranteed.  In the next two weeks I received 7 emails and 3 text messages informing me of the exact situation.  The pc left Shanghai factory on 12th and was delivered to me on 17th.

I could not hope for better service -well done Sony!

profile.country.PL.title
Agnieszka_J

Hello tonybayley, we are extremely happy to hear that your problem is being dealt with and that you are receiving the help you need.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

Tony - really pleased you have had a good experience - sadly this has not been the case for me. I love sony products and use their pro camera equipment - sadly this customer experience has totally put me off ever ordering again.

An update for my situation - i finally got two emails apologising and informing me the prodict had been delivered the next day.

Sadly the customer rep was looking at an order made in september 2012.

No consignment number on email so i cannot track package.

I love sony products - I also use sony Vegas pro software BUT customer services is an unprofessional and shoddy let down - lets hope my pro lens which i paid a lot of money for actually arrives

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Keep us posted :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

It is now christmas eve and my order has still not arrived (ordered on 19th dec).

I have spoken to customer services again and told they would get back to me. When I did get an email back it told me that the order was "in the system" and would be delivered on 23/24 dec.

Still no consignment number available so order cannot be tracked or traced by me or by Sony.

In short, every step in this process i have either been lied to or basic errors have been made - bottom line - NO ARRIVAL.

It now looks as though I will have to go through a long process of attempting to recover my money. No doubt I will be asked to prove to Sony that I do not have the item I ordered and they have since lost - I expect this to be a further ordeal - all in all this has been a truly dreadful and stressful experience and I will never ever order anything from Sony directly again. AVOID.

profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

Sadly, this story has gone from bad to worse.

emailed sony again and asked for a full refund and copy of complaints procedure.

got two emails back - 1 from one rep informing me that the order was "sent back to the warehouse and is now out of stock."  another informing me that the item is now out of stock and a refund would be given along with a £25 voucher to spend with sony online and would i agree to this"

i wrote back accepting the refund but turned down the £25 voucher as i will never ever shop with sony again - i also asked for a copy of the complaints procedure.

2 emails back - 1 was a voucher for £25 - i stated i did not want this the other was AN ORDER CONFIRMATION  FOR A COLOUR TELEVISION FOR £499 - with another customers name on it - also some bank details - sort code, and bank name - i can copy and post this for verification.

Request for compalints procedure totally ignored

PHONED sony yet again and the person i spoke to clearly had no idea what was going on - put on hold for 15 minutes - when she came back she said the refund had been confirmed and would take a week???

I asked about the TV order and she put me on hold again for 5 minutes - came back - said that in order for the refund to be generated a "fake order" had to be generated to generate the refund???

what am i dealing with here??

Sent another email to sony as i want a clear email paper trail confiirming the converation i had a the peoples names involved - no idea why it takes a week to generate a repayment to a credit card - a shop will do this in an instant - and why would a fake order need to be generated - am i losing my mind here??

So  - no order - no refund - ~Sony have £400 of my money and i am left running around. No single person to take responsibility - i would say a dozen different customer reps have been involved and its chaos - also i have been left to do all of the chasing.

does anyone have an address to write a complaint to or a link to their complaints procedure - i don;t think there is one.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry to hear it :slight_frown:

I've tried to escalate it to see if someone can get in touch with you.

(Although it may take a little time)

profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

THANK YOU - I appreciarw that

I have already phoned this morning at 9.30am and spoke to another customer rep who says that he has no understanding of what is going on so i have asked a manager to call me - so far no call 11.42am.

My concern is not only about my own experience but the damage this department is doing to undermine the reputation of sony products / the name of sony and the impact this will have on customers deciding to either shop elsewhere or switch to another competitor ie Nikon or Canon etc.

I am a photographer i use sony alpha a77, a55, a500 a700 - sony lenses and sony software - vegas pro.

if i ever get this resolved i will be taking this up with sony uk head office because i think senior managers need to know how customer sales is operating and the damage this is doing to Sony products WHICH I ENJOY, WHICH I USE AND UP TO NOW HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No problem :slight_smile:

I love the alpha series, I have a low-end one.

Hopefully someone will be able to get to the bottom of this.