Join now - be part of our community!

shocking customer service

profile.country.GB.title
emaneds
New

shocking customer service

has anyone had any luck with sony customer service? it does seem like as soon as they get their money they do not give a damn about the aftercare they provide -  what a way to keep business, especially in these times...

we've had ongoing issues with the kd55a85 model since January we are under warranty but as sony apparently have no stock there is nothing they can do - this is what I have been told the past 5 weeks. if they told us when we first got in touch that they had none we would have gone back to the retailer as it was under 30 days. they have strung us along with empty promises and wrong information does anyone from sony actually speak to anyone?

a manager finally got hold of us and told us to take the tv back to the store we got it from so they can exchange it, next thing we know sony book a repairman to come and fix this 'unfixable problem' - [dead pixels in the tv which appeared less than 30days after purchasing] who was instructed to take our tv away. we receive an email within 24hrs (which I applaud them for - the only promise they have kept) the email told us to take the tv back as the credit for exchange is now available. we contact the repair centre and they said there is nothing they can do and they will deliver the tv back to us in over a weeks time. so we are currently without a tv and no-one from sony can give us an answer to where it is or why they instructed the tv to be taken despite telling us differently. we call them and they say were sorry someone will call back within 24hrs it is now March 5, this happened the 2nd week of January. I have got 3 cases open with sony (all the same problem) but non of them resolved.

they keep calling my partner which is disgusted with the way someone had spoken to her so we have told them to contact me. they either call my partner when she is at work and leave messages saying we have tried to call but as you didn't pick up we will only try to call once more or call when she is sleeping - she works over 50hrs a week as an NHS nurse what part of she doesn't have time to speak to you don't sony understand?!?

I can rant and rave all day but I shall not, if you would like to know more reasons to avoid I will happily elaborate.

I doubt anyone from sony will ready this let alone respond but feeling frustrated isn't the word right now. we have had many products from sony and this service for the price we have paid is absolutely shocking.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
JRico196
New

Totally agree with you, Sony is definitely a take your money and don't give a dam about its loyal customers. 

profile.country.GB.title
Emiliorodr
New

There's a small exception to that (because there always is). If you make more than about $100k in profit it may be beneficial (Link removed) and elect S-corp taxation status. That means that, instead of ignoring your business, the IRS treats it as a small business corporation. The upshot of that is that you get to control how much profit is subject to self-employment taxes. The downside is that you have to spend money on tax preparation (the forms are not a DIY project), and you have to pay a payroll company to run payroll for you. If you already have employees this is no big deal, but if you're the only employee it can be a significant expense.