Join now - be part of our community!

PS5 120hz Connectivity issue

profile.country.GB.title
Sammy_P
New

PS5 120hz Connectivity issue

I run a Samsung LC32JG50QQUXEN monitor which is capable of 144hz. I’m using the PS5 provided Hmdi cable but the PS5 is not recognising the monitor is being capable of 120hz. The games in question are both COD Cold War & Vanguard. Performance mode is on. HDMI is in the correct ports. Unsure why this is happening? 

Within screen and resolution settings it doesn’t even show the HDMI capabilities of running up to 120hz so something isn’t feeding through. 

Any ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Maybe, you have to disable the FreeSync, After that the Refresh MENU can appair...

profile.country.GB.title
Sammy_P
New

Thank you for the reply, the PS5 doesn’t support freesync so unable to turn this off. I’m at a loss to see why it’s not working. It must be something not communicating with the monitor…

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No, PS5 no, but the Monitor is FreeSync...

Disable FreeSync on Monitor...

profile.country.GB.title
Sammy_P
New

The monitor doesn’t support freesync either (my apologies for being dim)! I’ve raised to Samsung but something isn’t right… Can’t figure out what system is likely to be at fault - I know the PS5 has had multiple issues with capable monitors not showing the refresh speeds. Doesn’t seem to be a fix 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Sorry then, I read it in the Manual and there is talk of deactivation ...