Join now - be part of our community!

IPlayer suddenly stopped working?

profile.country.GB.title
Katelrawcliffe
Explorer

IPlayer suddenly stopped working?

I have a SONY TV 2018 HIGHEND YOUVIEW G1 4K and I player just stopped working. We have done a factory re set and updated the software. We have also unplugged the tv and the internet but nothing is making it work, any ideas? My kids are wanting to watch kids programmes and it’s driving me mad I can’t access them 😥

13 REPLIES 13
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Katelrawcliffe,

Which TV model have you got? and have you tried to reset the TV from the mains?

profile.country.GB.title
Katelrawcliffe
Explorer

Hi, yes we have tried to reset by switching off at the mains and leaving it a while. We have a Sony tv 2018 highend YOUVIEW G1 4K. 

any other ideas gratefully received 

kate

Piscie
Community Team

Could you check the exact TV model? Also are you getting any error messages while trying to access IPlayer?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Katelrawcliffe 

1. I don’t recognise that model number. Can you check in Settings, possibly Support or About, what the set gives as its model number?

2. Can you try other apps on the TV, itv Hub, All4, My5, and Netflix and Amazon Video (even if you are not subscribed to these) and see what works and what doesn’t?

And if Netflix works, but not any of the others, check what time zone, date, and time the TV is set to, as it is a known issue with these sets that if the time goes out of sync, then internet apps all stop working, except for Netflix, which doesn’t seem to care if your clock is wrong.

And if the clock is wrong, set it to the correct BST time. Or GMT, if you don’t see this message before Sunday.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Katelrawcliffe
Explorer

Hi, 

thanks for your response, could it be BRAVIA 4K GB ATV3

All other apps work, I’ve tried ITV,more four we have Netflix, Amazon and Disney and all are working fine, which is puzzling.

kate

profile.country.GB.title
Katelrawcliffe
Explorer

Hi,

not sure if this is the model number I’m not very technical!!!! BRAVIA 4K GB ATV3 

when I go on I player it initially lets me into the app but then nothing will load so no idea what is wrong with it

kate

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Katelrawcliffe 

There are several reports on here of issues with the BBC iPlayer on Sony TVs that have been acknowledged by the BBC. We don’t yet know if this is a BBC issue or a Sony issue yet, though.

The reports are more of things like UHD not working rather than of complete failure, but your issue could very well be a related one.

We still don’t have a model number for your TV though, should that be relevant. If you can get at the back of it (easy on a stand, harder on a wall) there should be a label with the model number on it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Katelrawcliffe, try this to find the model: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00248604

profile.country.GB.title
Katelrawcliffe
Explorer

Hi, thank you for that.

Ok so the model is; KD-55AG8

serial number; 6711522

fingers crossed someone knows what’s happened!!!!