Join now - be part of our community!

Drony - Sony Airpeak S1 videos including unboxing and tutorial

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Drony - Sony Airpeak S1 videos including unboxing and tutorial

Hi all 🙂

I hadn't seen much about the Airpeak S1 drone on here recently so thought I'd share a couple of videos

including an unboxing and tutorial video to whet your appetite.

Hands up who wants one LOL

Thoughts, comments and drooling welcome :grin:

Jumpy

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I really was hopeful for this, really was.

They could've gone a different route than medium lift and got a lot more people excited too.

12 minute flight time with an a7 payload is not great, and for the price,well the price really isn't an issue since this will only be aimed at those with budget to spare.

I imagine a few production companies will have a stab at this, but for me personally, nothing about this tempts me away from my Inspire 2 cinema DNG version.

Sony could've sold multiple tens of thousands on launch with a RTF model tbh.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

All fair points 🙂

I think Santa is probably the only way for most of us to get one, but its good to see one unboxed.

It will be interesting to see what feedback comes from production companies too.

Jumpy

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Oh for sure, I'd probably love to have the ability to send up my A7m3, full frame is obviously a more appealing option than the X5s m4/3, or even the X7's modified APSC,  but I'd lose Cinema DNG, ProRes plus having to sacrifice a good 50%+ flight time. 

Maybe they refine it more in gen 2, or even get some additional power options to pump up the juice.

It may not be my cup of tea, but it's actually a good thing someone is stepping up and challenging the monopoly DJI has in aerial imaging tbh.