Join now - be part of our community!

Transfer books from one ereader to another?

profile.country.en_GB.title
luca-jodie
Visitor

Transfer books from one ereader to another?

I damaged my old sony ereader (stepped on the screen, so the page display is gone, but I still have about 100 books on it) and was lucky to get a new one for Christmas. I can't though transfer books from one to another. I tried plugging both into the PC but it's not working with epub format.

I would be grateful for any tips. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

A couple of questions, are all the books on your old reader also on your PC, if not then they need to be.

You mention 'not working with epub format', what model is your new reader. If its also a Sony then they both deal with epub as its the standard format.

And also are your books bought from book stores or were they all free ones and finally what software have you got on your PC, Sony reader software? Calibre? Adobe digital editions?

luca-jodie
Visitor

The new one is a PRS-T1, the old one PRS-600. I am not bothered about the freebies because I could re-trace them, it's the ones I bought over the last 3 years that I really want to keep. I thought I could move books from one library to another but it does not work. It's annoying because it looks like Sony are milking the new product as much as they can, the cables are incompatible, the holder is a different size, etc. I was much happier with the previous version.

In any case, thank you very much for your reply .

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

In that case getting the books on the t1 should be very easy.

You need to ensure the t1 is authorised to the same adobe ID as the 600 then use sony software or calibre to copy them.

If your books are on your PC then transferring them to either reader is exactly the same

luca-jodie
Visitor

Thank you!

carpetmojo

Well;, Luca, depends how long you had the 600 for !

I have a 650 & a 350 (long story!) and am also using a T1 - the cables on these are the same and interchangeable with the T1. So that's what, 4 years ? Don't know when the x50s first came out.

And having a different shape, so covers don't fit ? Well, to be honest, I think that's  hardly milking it -  design happens, especially when you're trying to at least equal the opposition on weight, features, and price, with a completely different product !

That's not to say I wish they didn't, but, hey, they're all at it....:smileysad: