Join now - be part of our community!

PRS_300 HELP

profile.country.en_GB.title
simkio
Visitor

PRS_300 HELP

Can someone please help me, I have PRS - 300 which has started to act all weird I have tried to hard reset it but it would not reset, I did follow instruictiions for this, now the damn thing will not turn off.  I would be very grateful if someone can help me.

Carole

Message was edited by: simkio

Message was edited by: simkio

2 REPLIES 2
MartinG125
Visitor

I've got the same model and it did the same thing.  Ended up sending it back to Sony, cost £58 to get it repaired, it packed up again after 6 weeks.  Sony wanted another £28 before they would even look at it!

I bought my wife the same model a few weeks before mine started acting up and now its doing the same thing.  It's supposed to hold 350 books, oh no it doesn't, it struggles to hold 40+ books.

Got a decision to make now.  Do I buy a different model, or go back to traditional books?

Drumzman
New

Hi Carole,

If a hard reset didn't work, then from you saying that you can't get the unit to switch off I wonder if it could be that the battery is completely flat.  Because of the way e-Ink screens work on these units, they can often still display a screen image even when no battery power is left.

I'd try giving it a really good charge first (4-5 hours) and if you have one, use the dedicated mains adapter to do it.  If not don't worry, just make sure that your computer doesn't 'go to sleep' while charging as this interrupts the charging process.  Once charged, I'd try the hard reset again (I've added a picture of the instructions from Sony's support page to save you looking it up:smileyhappy:) and see how you get on (just be aware that all your data on the reader will be erased, so you'll have to copy it over again afterwards).

Anyway, this might be worth a try before resorting to having the unit looked at by Sony.

Hope it works for you!

300 hard reset.png