Join now - be part of our community!

HELP?!? How do i download ebooks from my ereader??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
MLPOKN
Visitor

HELP?!? How do i download ebooks from my ereader??

I just got a PRS-TI ereader for Christmas and already i'm sick of it!! I can't figure out how to change the light setting if you even can!! And Ireland isn't even listed in the list off countries!! Therefore i am unable to download any books!! on my computer the only 2 countries are usa and canada.. Anybody know how i can download books and read them on my ereader?? please i'm really desperarte!! 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

"Light settings" ? if you mean contrast etc..., go to Menu/Adjust view/select Custom , and fiddle about there - I find + 98 , then,   (lower graph) -92 suits me best.

Yes, no Reader Store yet - this month, allegedly....

Do all the registering/authorising bits - read your manual or search here.

Then you can get free books from a variety of sources as well as buy trhem.

And sign up to MobileRead Forum - world-wide, so lots of everything  ... it's free, stacks of stuff, resources, sources, and very expert advice.

And you could use Calibre, as a lot of users do.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Forest1865
Visitor

ditto on that ML and Im in England. ready for using as a beer mat , keep following instructions with no luck, must be soemthing obvious but I cant hack it

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

When you say 'change the light settings' what exactly do you mean

As for getting books on to your reader, Sony has yet to launch a UK bookstore. So to buy books you'll need to do it via a PC. You'll need to  install Adobe Digital Editions first, then register both the PC and reader. Then go to online book stores such as Kobo, Waterstones, The Book Depository and others. Download the books to the PC then transfer to the reader via USB.

I do this for my PRS-650 and it very straight forward

carpetmojo

"Light settings" ? if you mean contrast etc..., go to Menu/Adjust view/select Custom , and fiddle about there - I find + 98 , then,   (lower graph) -92 suits me best.

Yes, no Reader Store yet - this month, allegedly....

Do all the registering/authorising bits - read your manual or search here.

Then you can get free books from a variety of sources as well as buy trhem.

And sign up to MobileRead Forum - world-wide, so lots of everything  ... it's free, stacks of stuff, resources, sources, and very expert advice.

And you could use Calibre, as a lot of users do.