Join now - be part of our community!

Free Sony e-books in LRF Format

profile.country.en_GB.title
Logieman
Visitor

Free Sony e-books in LRF Format

I have downloaded the 100 free e-books after registering my PRS-T1 e-reader and although most of the e-books are in EPUB format, about 20 of these e-books are in LRF format. When I try to import these LRF files into my Reader for PC library the progress window appears to show that the import is working successfully but the books do not appear in my library. My questions are:

1. Why has Sony included these LRF files in the free e-books if they don't work with Sony's software?

2. What happened to the LRF files when I imported them into my Reader for PC? Presumably they are there somewhere but I just can't see them in my "Books"!

3. Is there any clever fix to enable me to include these LRF files in my Library?

Yes I know that I could probably find these free e-books on several other websites but that's not really the point, is it?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Sony dropped the LRF format sometime ago, as for why some of the books are still in that format is anyones guess.

You can convert them easily by using Calibre ebook software, just google it. In fact Calibre is a great bit of software and I would suggest it instead of Sony's offering

Also head over to Mobileread forum for help and advice

profile.country.en_GB.title
Logieman
Visitor

Thank you for your very prompt reply. I had actually discovered Calibre just after I posted my query and you are right, it is a great bit of software! Using Calibre, it was very simple to convert most of the Sony free e-books that were in LRF format to EPUB, except for one, i.e. A Woman of Thirty by Honore de Balzac. However, using Calibre I found an alternative source for that e-book in EPUB format.