Join now - be part of our community!

MP4 Demux/Editing software

profile.country.RO.title
AndyLupescu
Explorer

MP4 Demux/Editing software

Hi,since I record metal shows I am in the position were I need to demux the MP4 files,so I can edit the audio part. The problem I have is that this MP4 format ( xvcs hd - sony ax53) is not accepted by any program except My MP4Box GUI 0.6.0.6,that does the demux part,but can't mux it back!

Is there a program that does that? Also why Play Memories doesn't do such a simple task?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AndyLupescu,

what is your budget for an editing software?

I really like the Magix video editing programs - they can seperate the audio from a video, export the audio and later splice them together.

- Nic

vnunuse
New

Hey Andy Lupescu, I feel your pain with the MP4 demuxing struggle. For demuxing, I'd recommend trying out Avidemux – it's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done, and you won't need a PhD to figure it out. Andersen also offers a user-friendly demuxing solution that you might find helpful.

As for mixing it back, have you given FFmpeg a shot? It's a bit command-line heavy, but it's brilliant for video.

As for Play Memories, well, it's like trying to make a cat fetch. It's just not in its nature. Sony's software can be a bit finicky sometimes, and simplicity isn't always its strong suit.

Remember, trial and error is the name of the game in this tech jungle. Give Avidemux, Andersen Software, and FFmpeg a whirl, and let me know how it goes. We're all in this digital trenches together. Rock on :)))