Join now - be part of our community!

FX3 Firmware Ver 4.00 update issue - DO NOT UPDATE!!!

t.r1990
New

FX3 Firmware Ver 4.00 update issue - DO NOT UPDATE!!!

FX3 Issues since update Ver 4.00 - DO NOT UPDATE!!!!

Just updated to Ver 4.00 and now can't connect the camera to wifi to use my iPad or iPhone as a monitor. I reset the camera back to factory settings and it still won't connect. When I try and connect via the creators app it says i'm connected via bluetooth but then I get the error message 'starting the function failed. If there is no memory card in the camera, or if you are using other network functions, you may not be able to operate the camera from the app'.

When I try and connect to Wifi on the camera I get 'Cannot find connectable access point. Set the access point setting'.

Tried connecting to the monitor+ app too and that doesn't seem to be working either getting the error message 'Failed to turn Wifi on, please check your device'

I've taken out the memory card and battery and put that back in too but nothing seems to be working.

Also seems to be an occasional issue of the camera not turning on unless I remove and reinsert the battery. 

Has anyone had any luck in fixing this?

Posted this on reddit and heard that even though its a firmware update issue that's caused this they're trying to charge people $600 to replace the motherboard. 

Sony customer service told me four days ago they'd be in touch within two days and i'm still yet to hear anything. For a camera that costs 4k it's beyond a joke.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
fadhl3y
New

I'm also experiencing the same thing: After an update to the 4.0 firmware, my camera's wifi has stopped working. I'm finding it very difficult to get in contact with Sony's support.