Join now - be part of our community!

Update to A7M3 Firmware from 3.10 to 4.0

profile.country.GB.title
luciano.o
New

Update to A7M3 Firmware from 3.10 to 4.0

Hi, Has anyone tried to update their A7M3 to the latest Firmware version? I have tried to follow the on line user guide for the update and it always fails. The guide suggests turning the camera off and removing the battery and then re-launching the Updater App. After the 4th attempt with different USB cables I have stopped trying until I get some feedback from Sony or other users as to their experience? Has anyone tried this yet?

Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Are you using the original USB cable that has been supplier with your camera?

If not, please do so.

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, make sure you check the instructions on the update link as many missing steps will cause this: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-7-series/ilce-7m3/software/00257836

profile.country.GB.title
luciano.o
New

Hi, thanks for the advice, but, having followed the instructions and tried all the suggestions for correcting the problem, I have not been able to perform the update. I will next try the Sony support directly.

profile.country.GB.title
dawoodh97
New

I updated mine yesterday. Followed the instructions here and it was straightforward, even though I did not use the cable that came with the camera. 

profile.country.GB.title
pjono77
Explorer

Hi luciano,

I am having the same problems and have tried 6 usb cables and the one that came with my camera. The camera connect to my PC except on the Mass Storage setting.

Have you found a fix to this?

profile.country.GB.title
luciano.o
New

Hei Pjono, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one. TBH after trying all the permutations as you did, I haven’t bothered. As this is a non urgent update for me, I will wait until Sony or someone comes up with a solution.

In the meantime, if you do find the answer, please let me know
profile.country.GB.title
pjono77
Explorer

Hi Luciano.o,

I have been having emails from Sony and they keep saying the problem is with my USB  drives which I don't believe. I still think it's a Windows 10 problem.

I tried the update on a friends old laptop with Windows 7 and update installed with no issues at all in about 10 minutes!

I will keep trying with Sony and let you know my findings

jono

profile.country.GB.title
jebrads57
New

I have tried this multiple times with the original USB lead with no success and have now given up. 

profile.country.GB.title
luciano.o
New

Thanks for the update, it confirms my decision to give up too. I hope Sony will release an update for this soon