Join now - be part of our community!

Unable To Register Product

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SilvercellHawk
Explorer

Unable To Register Product

Hi everyone, I have just tried to register my new camera it lets me put the product in the box but it wont let me pick the country, area or purchase date in the boxes. Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I can’t get it to work if I enter the camera product ILCE-7M3 direct - but it does work if you click ‘Can’t find your product. Search ......’ and follow through the categories to find ILCE-7M3.

It’s several steps through Sony’s categories! Cameras -> Digital Cameras -> Interchangeable Lens Cameras -> E-Mount Cameras -> ILCE 7 Series -> ILCE-7M3 but it gets your camera registered.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi SilvercellHawk and welcome.

Please let us know the exact camera model and in which country you are trying to register it.

If it is a new model, it may not yet be on the database - Sony are sometimes slow to update.

profile.country.GB.title
SilvercellHawk
Explorer

Hi thanks for the welcome, camera is the Sony A7iii and I am in the UK. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I can’t get it to work if I enter the camera product ILCE-7M3 direct - but it does work if you click ‘Can’t find your product. Search ......’ and follow through the categories to find ILCE-7M3.

It’s several steps through Sony’s categories! Cameras -> Digital Cameras -> Interchangeable Lens Cameras -> E-Mount Cameras -> ILCE 7 Series -> ILCE-7M3 but it gets your camera registered.

profile.country.GB.title
SilvercellHawk
Explorer

Thank you, I will give that a try. 

profile.country.GB.title
SilvercellHawk
Explorer

Thanks again, that worked no problem 😀

ommo88
New

I have the problem with the FX3. And this one doesn't show up in the lists ...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, try typing the model as follows:ILME-FX3, without neglecting the -.