Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A7c sound in camera

profile.country.SE.title
Danlang77
Explorer

Sony A7c sound in camera

When my camera is turned off and I move the camera vertically I hear a clunking sound from inside the camera body, I may also feel it in the hand. It is like some component would be loose inside. I am new to the mirrorless, and have just had it a few days. Is this normal behavior? It does not appear if camera is turned on.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Danlang77,

since the sensor is stabilized, I suppose you moved the camera fast enough so that the inertia of the movement caused the sensor to move to an end-stop.

As with every technical device with moving parts please make sure to handle it very carefully.

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
Danlang77
Explorer

Hi Nic. Did not move it very fast. The sound appears when I tilt it from horizontal to vertical position (even slow).  The sound it makes sounds like “klopp”. It only appears when the camera is shut off.  I should say I am totally new to Sony mirrorless, so I do not know if it is expected to make a movement inside the camera body when turned off.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Danlang77,

since the stabilizers are disengaged, I would say it is normal.

as you said - it doesn't happen when the camera is switched on.

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
Danlang77
Explorer

Ok, thanks. I am hoping you are right. Image quality is top, so I think the sensor should be fine. A bit concerned though, if it will be allowed to move around freely when travelling or moving fast.