Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories will not let me export images

profile.country.GB.title
JON-1950
Explorer

Play memories will not let me export images

Alough Play memories downloads and lets me edit pics it will not let me export them.

I can open the export window but play memories will not let me complete the export.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

To start with: Do you have similar view like these screengrabs?

Capture.jpgCapture2.JPG

Admitted: In first instance the app stalled and after a system restart, first plug in the medium to export to and then startup PlayMemoriesHome it worked.

profile.country.GB.title
JON-1950
Explorer

Many thanks for your response to my request, alough your solution did not solve the problem it was your suggestion of reset that led me to solve the problem.

I had two USB Drives connected to the Desk Top with photos within them, I opened Play Memories and that is where the problem of the export manifested itself. I then closed Play Memories App and removed the two USB's.

I then reopened Play Memories and connected one of the USB's, Play Memories then asked me for options,   I then imported some files and completed the export.

So the procedure is open Play Memories app and then connect the USB etc and let the app go through its start up sequence thus solving the export problem.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

In my experience PlayMemoriesHome  on W10 doesn't shine as stable and swift software.

I'm afraid Sony is phasing it out and stopped maintaining and upgrading the software.

profile.country.GB.title
JON-1950
Explorer

That strikes a note, I had a lot of issue's when I updated to the free W10.

It would be a sad outcome if Sony let Play Memories  pass especially for the kids getting into Photography  where they could hone their skills in editing that came with the cost of the camera.

Play Memories was one of the selling points when I bought my A65v when explained by the Sony sales person.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

It's the only place hosting unlimited cloud storage for your pictures.

Nikon and Canon offer limited space and Google will be restricting it starting mid June.