Join now - be part of our community!

One mount system, a suggestion to Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

One mount system, a suggestion to Sony.

Here is another suggestion for Sony. They have decided upon a one mount system and with the release of the latest adaptor, the LA-EA5, will be hoping for A mount lens owners to move towards an E mount body. Because you have given those owners a glimmer of hope and that they don't have worthless expensive A mount glass, I have no doubt that will happen with the vast majority of such owners as their loved A mount bodies gradually fall by the wayside over the coming years. I say majority, there will however be those who won't do that. Why?

May I offer a suggestion to anyone at Sony who is involved in design and may choose to read comments on sites like this.

Pick up an A99 body, then pick up an A99ii body and finally pick up any E mount body. There you will find the reason  why you will never get someone like me to move to E mount. I don't think I have large hands, a size 10 glove just about fits. But for me to use an E mount body is a really annoying/frustrating. Make an E mount body which is physically bigger! You've got the chassis,' simply change the lens mount on an old A99. Maybe then you will get full interest.  

Yes, I own an A99, two A99ii's, an A6000, (converted to infra red) and an RX1Rii. The last two are frustrating to use because the controls can't be easily accessed as with the larger bodies and images are frequently lost. For information, the most comfortable body for me to use by a long long way, is the A99. It's no longer the cost, it's the comfort.

0 REPLIES 0